Can some one tell me whats wrong here?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by djseibert68, Sep 10, 2011.

1. SO...
    Outdoor, and approaching week 7 of flower
    Supersoil
    runoff ph is just between 6.5-7
    FF nutes, using their schedule (just big bloom and grow big though)
    mollasses
    been kinda cool and foggy here lately
    battling a bad caterpillar problem (could be the issue?)
    watering every 4-5 days (due to weather)
    they have been yellowing and fan leaves have been dieing off from tyhe bottom up fairly consistantly. Not sure if it is end of flowering or something else
    oh and its only 2-3 of the nugs, the rest look ok, just a litle brown on the tips of the hairs.

sorry if i missed anything, here is the pic... not sure what im dealing with here :(

Attached Files:

2. I mean, yellowing is usually a Nitrogen deficiency. I think purple is a phosphorus problem, but I am unsure.

Are you still using grow big through flowering? My nutrients require using the veg nutrients all the way through bloom.

3. ya, didnt have the grow big when i picked up the other 2. i was using a guano tea i have for to make up for it when the schedule called for g.b. i guess i am more concerned with the leaf curling and the almost dieing off of the hairs... or maybe im just a noob and everything is fine? though i doubt it.

4. The best photo I could find that looks the most like yours is this:
    [​IMG]
    The photo is an example of potassium deficiency from a mj plant trouble page. I would look at the last paragraph to see if any of the potassium killers could be troubling your grow?

Potassium is involved in maintaining the water status of the plant and the tugor pressure of it's cells and the opening and closing of the stomata. Potassium is required in the accumulation and translocation of carbohydrates. Lack of potassium will reduce yield and quality.

Older leaves are initially chlorotic but soon develop dark necrotic lesions (dead tissue). First apparent on the tips and margins of the leaves. Stem and branches may become weak and easily broken, the plant may also stretch. The plant will become susceptible to disease and toxicity. In addition to appearing to look like iron deficiency, the tips of the leaves curl and the edges burn and die.

Potassium - Too much sodium (Na) displaces K, causing a K deficiency. Sources of high salinity are: baking soda (sodium bicarbonate "pH-up"), too much manure, and the use of water-softening filters (which should not be used). If the problem is Na, flush the soil. K can get locked up from too much Ca or ammonium nitrogen, and possibly cold weather.

5. Why would you use Grow Big in flowering instead of Tiger Bloom???

6. Seven weeks you say? It's nearing the end of it's life. Most likely it's just showing it's autumn colors.

Strange though that it's only a few buds that are yellowing.

I assume that by "the rest look ok" you mean still green. Usually the whole plant yellows at once. But I guess different strains do different things.

Just let them go man. Don't go pouring any extra shit on them at this point.