Can smoking weed really help you lose weight

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by pothead27, Aug 24, 2016.

1. so im going to start a diet and i smoke weed every now and then, so my friend was telling me that she read that weed makes you lose weight is that true

2. It speeds up your metabolism to burn calories and fat. Almost every stoner I know is skinny as hell.

3. ok thanks, that kinda what my friend said. he said i could smoke just work out and eat healthy to it would happen alot faster

4. It does make you lose weight. Misconceptions lay in the fact that weed does sap some people's desire to continue with their disciplined diets and workouts, while picking up new, bad habits like fast food, video games and marijuana forums.

Marijuana is a lifestyle. You will begin to surround yourself with people who smoke weed, so that you can access it easier. Your bad habits will become your life, if unchecked. Responsibility is key.

• Like Like x 3
  5. No I don't think that's the best route. Obviously the equation is simple biology... calories.... if you want to lose weight eat less calories and be more active. That works everytime if done consistently, problem is it's hard to switch a diet but doable for everyone. If you want to optimize the time to lose as much weight as possible there are many things to do to help... weed is not high on that list.

No one is sitting back smoking a bowl or a joint and saying to themselves "hell yeah dropping weight on this one dawg..." are they? I hope not, but I guess you can't put anything past some people these days.

6. thanks man i know about the calorie and being very active part i was going to do that anyway i just wanted to know if smoking helps i guess you could say move the process along faster

7. For me, noooo. I actually gain because of munchies. I really think that if it does make you lose weight by increasing metabolism, it is only by a small amount because pot doesn't have a huge affect on your body. Now if you want an illegal drug to help you lose fat, try some meth.....

I lost 30 pounds, went from unhealthy teenager to healthy,(mostly) natural lifestyle, and I'll tell you that there is no such thing as a diet. You either change your whole life and how you eat and think about food or you don't. So really the trick is, don't think about it as a diet, think about it as a lifestyle change. That way you won't get down if you eat like crap for a few days. In the long run you are changing your health and loving yourself. Namaste

Sent from my LGLS775 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. thanks bro

9. Proper nutrition with exercise is how you lose weight. Weed helps you stay motivated, unless you are naturally fat and lazy, then nothing can save you from the cancer that uncontrolled fat cell growth is.

When I get high I can skate for miles on end, which assists in keeping me fit. Stay active, stay healthy. This can be done with or without weed, but weed definitely helps those who try to take care of themselves.

10. Eat less move more. I would say on the average most people who smoke are a little heavier due to smoking.

• Like Like x 1
  11. weed by itself will not have any influence on your weight.

your habits while smoking will... if you smoke and start eating shitty food for munchies, you'll get fat.
    if instead you eat fruits and go for a run, chances are you'll be lean and healthy.

12. Opposite for me . my appetite rises and I looking for carbohydrate cakes and pastries

13. A good sativa can help with a work out. I usually it every day to walk and have dropped 20+ in the last year.

Just watch that it does not make you eat too much.

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1387325/

14. Only one way to lose weight:

sweat. No excuses.

15. No I really do not think so. How can a negative factor like SMOKING can help you lose weight? and I mean fat weight?

16. Smoking is no good but vaping is fine. I find it helps me zone out and walk/ride/run long distances. It has also been shown to increase your metabolism.

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1387325/

17. I did not know that .. vaping can increase your metabolism? Life is a continuous school .. every day you learn something new ..

18. People today deserve the fat cells that they earn. It's a wasteful consumer society and if you buy into corporate plots to keep your hands off weed and on a burger with large soda in the opposite hand, you will be fat regardless. WALL-E is the doom of fat mankind.

Fuck all that shit I'm hunter-gatherer level fit and nobody can convince me smoking weed is unhealthy.

19. it works not for everyone you can start gaining weight too