Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can smoking weed from blunts cause lung cancer?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Fridsade, Dec 14, 2010.

1. I'm talking about phillies/dutches/zig-zags etc...

2. Yes...there is tobacco in there so yes. I smoke them a lot during the summer, but i try to lay off and stick to bongs, bowls, and joints when i can.

3. Yes it is possible. But that is if you are smoking blunts all the time.

4. it isss possible but u gottaa smoke a looot of blunts....like u gotta be smoking about 10 like .8 blunts a day for qutie a long time for cancer to develop...

5. Why do you think Wiz stopped smoking blunts? Tobacco will and does cause cancer

6. Well, if ciggarettes can, I would assume blunts can, too. They're made out of tobacco, obviously.:cool:

7. Don't say 'will', you're going to get tons of people worried. I've smoked a few blunts, and the outer tobacco leaf is not as bad as cigs, plus it all depends on how much you smoke. If you only smoke a few of them, nothing will occur. You only develop a higher risk for cancer if you smoke a lot of them.

Also, smoking tobacco doesn't cause cancer, it increases the risk of getting it.

8. Everything causes cancer these days. Don't worry about cancer.

9. You all fail. Weed doesn't contain any cancer causing carcinogens. Watch the Union.

10. yea but the cigar paper used to roll blunts does.....learn to fucking read.....

11. ROFL trace amounts maybe, that would add up to a whole cigarette in a year. I don't know about you, but if Im using a cigar as a blunt wrap, I get most of, if not all the tobacco out of it.

12. All The Union says is that there are no direct cancer cases from smoking pot. But smoking in general can cause cancer. You think smoking rolling papers if perfectly fine? Or plant matter?

13. 'That Stoner Kid' thinks that the only tobacco on blunt wraps is pieces of tobacco that stick to the blunt wrap that you forgot to clean out (the 'guts' of the cigar).

14. I don't know what you are getting at.

And to Zizzy, the weed itself doesn't give you cancer. Nothing in the smoke does, its the smoke itself.

15. the blunt wrap itself is made out of tobacco leaf. A cigar=tobacco wrapped around tobacco, a blunt= weed wrapped in a tobacco leaf

16. I see, ok, I lose.

17. #17 BadAxe, Dec 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2010
    And you know this how? lol. Tobacco causes cancer. Not a certain amount of it. I wish I had the chart that you have that tells you how many per day for how long will cause cancer.

Wow.

smoking tobacco causes cancer. Smoke it, and you are at risk, period. (THis coming from a 2 pack a day smoker for over 20 years, who is now smoke free for a year come February., yayyy for me, lol)

18. ROFL 10, .8 blunts. LOLOLOLOLOL

19. No one is talking about the weed and cancer. They are talking about the tobacco rolling paper, a blunt.

And you fail for using The Union as the end all be all of MJ know;edge and fact. It is a documentary.

20. Smoking tobacco does not cause cancer, it only increases the risk. There have been cases of people who have smoked cigs all their life, and die of old age by some illness unrelated to lungs.

Also, you are at more risk the more you smoke.