Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

can smoking weed be a fad?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Jaded1983, Feb 3, 2009.

1. okay let me start here, Once i turned 21 i started drinking every night nearly getting drunk.. and then really fucked up on the weekends.. i did this for about a year and then backed way off, gradually till this point that i am now 23 and i maybe have a beer once every few weeks.. and dont craved being drunk everynight.

so now im 23, ive started smoking weed about 6 months ago. I started smoking once every few weeks. Then maybe once a week, and then maybe 2 days a week.. and now im at about 3 days a week. Im not that enthiseastic about it as i was in the beginning like beer and alcohol. like its not getting much better.. do you think it can be a fad?

2. i'm sure some people start because it's 'cool', but i don't think people who do it a lot do it because it's a fad, but more because it's fun.

if you're not having fun, don't do it. but do you really expect it to get more intense the more often you smoke?

maybe i'm missing the point sorry

3. I'm guessing it really all depends on your personality and experiences with weed. If you don't have a lot of friends that smoke or you smoke alone a lot, you are probably just going to get sick of it.

I have been smoking about 6 months too now and i smoke usually 4 days a week with the occasional t-break. I have never really thought about stopping for good though because i do not see the point. It hasn't changed my life (except for what websites i go to and maybe a little less sleep lol) and most everyone that knows i smoke either smokes with me or is okay with it.

For me, weed is here to stay... at least for a while.

4. Yeah, smoking weed can be a fad. Anything can be a fad. And when one sees what I consider the epitome of cool smoking weed (celebrities for example), it has a higher probability of it becoming a fad. So many people smoke weed that are either considered important figures in history or important figures to a specific generation, that the goal is not the high but sharing an activity with a great person. And I think this a fad.

If you're doing it for the high, though, I think it's a bona fied love for the ganj.

5. i guess that depends on what you define being a fad. as far as my personal life, i look at pot as something even beyond just drinking a beer. its something that i've smoked while doing just about everything i encounter in regular life, and dont think twice about it. it accentuates my everyday life. its not like zomg im so high, its like, k lets get high before we go do this shit. its something that i dont think of as picking up and doing because other people do it, but moreso that they introduced me to it, and i dont plan on having it disappear from my life for a few years. especially, now that it is proving medicinal use, i don't think marijuana is going to fade away anytime soon, and if it doesn't disappear, it isn't a fad.

6. Oldskoolgrower once said that "When kids realize that smoking cannabis is not inherently cool, they will understand the purpose of it." or something along the lines of that. I think for some it is a fad, just for the fact that there friends do it and they do it for fun. For others in it for the lifestyle, it is much more then a fad.

7. Maybe it depends on what your using it for. Are you using it to releive stress or something or just because its fun? If your not enjoying it, stop. No ones stopping you.

8. A faze you mean? I don't get it though - you're increasing the amount you smoke but getting less enthusiastic about it? I think something's gotta give. Your call.

9. It is what you make of it.

I know people who have, unfortunately, made it into a fad. I don't believe one can really label the "one" reason we smoke, its a combination of the different experiences that go along with the variety of weed, the culture, accessories, past and potential experiences.

If you do something exclusively because other people do it then you are doing it for the wrong reason.

Jaded1983, my advise to you is to take a week T break, then smoke a blunt with a few of your close friends. That will likely solve your problems, and if not you'll be high as a kite anyway.

10. sorry yeah i meant faze.. i mainly smoke it to relieve stress from the work day and just other adult duties. but i will smoke with a friend sometimes.

11. Fad? No fucking way in hell. Anything that people have been using for LITERALLY thousands of years is not a fad.

Can it be a PHASE that you, yourself pass through, definitely yes. I can't tell you how many baby-boomers that I know who use to smoke pot, but now that they're in their 50's and 60's eschew the more powerful stuff we have today for wine and beer and other toxins, and then get all hypocritical about MJ.

So can you go through a phase where you smoke a lot of pot and then go off of it, sure, quite common.