Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can smoking cause weight loss?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Arizer, Mar 24, 2011.

1. I've searched through forums and google searching for info on this without much luck. I remember seeing a reply in a thread about how smoking can cause weight loss. It seems like it may make sense, like making your metabolism faster or something, possibly. Is this true? Does anyone have creditable researched info about this? Anything would be cool, thanks :wave:

2. ehhh what.... munchies?

3. Whenever I take a t break, I find myself not eating that much while sober.

4. Same here.

5. If you pigged out on celery or something as opposed to greasy, fatty junk food, wouldn't that make a difference? In theory you may lose more weight then you would normally if you were high while choosing the healthy over the not. Yeah? IDK, that's why i ask.

6. I think smoking weed raises your metabolism so i guess if you could resist the munchies or if you exercise while high you could lose weight.

7. Only if your munchies are reaaaallllllllllllllyyyyyyy far away.....

8. Same HERE!!! :devious:

9. I lost weight when I was smoking every day!

10. I dunno if weed has the same effect, but I tell everyone i know that complains about needing to lose weight that they should just take up smoking a pack a day. They never seem to see the health benefits that they can get out of it, though!

11. no way dude i remember the couple of days in my life where i would say im gonna start eating healthy, then id toke up and realize all the healthy foods take too much time and effort to make so im like shit ill just make pizza rolls or get taco bell with soda this one time, then the same thing happens the next day. lesson of the story : buy premade salads and fruits

12. You burn more calories when you eat celery than there is in celery:hello:

13. The good ol' negative calories!!!

Mmm.... healthy yummy celery.... slathered in copious amounts of fatty peanut butter :yummy:

14. since I got back from my t-break i've gained 7-8lbs and and lost a quarter (been about 4-5 days tho)

15. Me and my friend notice when we're high, we eat. Sober...without weed for a while. We eat very rarely.

Good thing for me, I weigh to much. Not so for my friend. lol

16. marijuana speeds up your metabolism rate as well as enduces a munchy craving...

So if you don't much the fuck out or smoke a strain that is anti-appetite, such as permafrost, yes, you could indeed lose weight.

17. do you guys think that the your brain knows that thc is stored in fat cells and mabey this triggers the hunger whitout you knowing about it ? i mean thc=yum yum ; i can store thc in fat cells => eat more so you can store it better ?
    this is a ideea i had while stoned :smoke:

18. #18 RustyCakePan, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2011
    It padded on some extra weight on me at first. Then I freaked out, decided to not succumb to munchies so I think when was my last meal before I eat now. And then I found how nice it is to exercise high.
    Losing weight now while being a daily smoker :smoke:

I always thought the munchies was caused by lower blood sugar though? The heart rate increase I can imagine it increasing the metabolism but its just my speculation.

19. Ever heard that laughing keeps you healthy and all that shit? Well my theory is that since I get stoned so much I'm always laughing, in which case I am healthy, happy, and high. Triple H.

20. :rolleyes:Well...
    I lose weight when I smoke often because smoking makes me forget about my food cravings and makes me more in touch with when I'm truly hungry. I've stopped smoking on weekdays and I think I'm replacing weed high's with food high's. :rolleyes:

Also...
    I started working out a bit thanks to marijuana too. (started because I wanted to clean out the marijuana from my system faster, and realized my high's were better and I had more energy)