Can/Should i LST autoflower Short Rider.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mcweedyGA, Jul 27, 2012.

1. HI, i am a new grower, i am using a stealth dresser, my first seeds are femenized autoflowering seed short rider strain. Can/ should i lst? or are you not supposed to with autoflowering?

Any advice (even non topic related) is welcome, Ty

2. Yes you can LST (Tie branches down) but i've heard you can't top autoflowers to i wouldnt risk topping her or anything

3. #3 DrGreentounge, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2012
    You can defin lst autos. But make sure u give as little stress as possible to avoid stunted growth or even becoming hermie.

I would reccomend that u just try to.lst half of ur plants. That way u can do a trial and error type of thing n see if its something u can do again in the future.

4. How much height have you got? I have about 4ft in height and wasn't considering LSTing but maybe I need to? I am probably going to be doing lowryders which are supposed to stop at about a foot and a half.

5. Ive heard u should generally lst starting at a younger age ot u risk.snapping branches. For somethi g of that height look into super cropping

6. Thanks for your input. Really appreciate any help at this stage. :)

7. #7 DrGreentounge, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2012
    No prob man. Thats what were all here for. U should try to FIM ur plants sometime! Its pretty cool what u can do to a plant to make it produce more.

If u ever have time check my grow journals out. My hawaiian skunk journal from last year has some lst'd plants both auto and photoperiod. This years journal is "all autoflowers"