Can seedlings be grown in the flowering room?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by can-a-bliss, Apr 8, 2009.

1. I think I know the answer, which is yes. but it would take twice as long to veg so instead of a 3 week veg period it would be 6. Is this correct or am I a fool?

2. I was always under the impression that a plant grown under 12/12 from start will flower as soon as it is mature enough to do so
    I do not think the plant would get very large, or yeild much though

3. #4 scone, Apr 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2009
    the grow bud in Jamaica like that. i think they can harvest like 3 times a year. i started a plant outside in Aug. in the Midwest. it started flowering in 3 weeks and brought it in in Oct. yielded about 10 grams. i was surprised.

4. I'm a noob so don't take what I say for fact, but 12/12 from seed is closer to nature than the other schedules, so I don't see there being a problem.

5. It'll work just fine, but there'll be fewer bud sites and smaller buds and colas than if you vegged it for longer. They won't flower before a certain amount of time has passed though (about a month).

6. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you are right about it being close to nature. The only reason I think it is recommended to veg for 24/0 or 18/6 is basically to get faster growth.

What if I left it in the flowering room for about a month then flip the lights to 24/0 when my other plants are harvested? Will this help with creating more buds sites, and more colas?

7. Nevermind I read the article that was posted and have found out that this is exactly what I should do. Thanks for the helpful post. +rep