Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can sativas be hard?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by The HappyCamper, May 1, 2012.

1. I got some dense hard nug of weed and was told "I don't know the strain, but it is a sativa".

Aren't sativas usually fluffy?

2. No,that means they used a bud hardener in flower to get more weight

3. Is that dangerous to smoke? And this weed is from a dispensary too, supposedly.

4. Wieners can be hard :eek:

5. And no its not

6. @Op here Is some Actual Advice instead of bullshit. sounds to me like you have a Hybrid bud Hybrids are a Mixture of Indica & Sativa which could have a indica (Dense) LOOKING BUD but a sativa high. or you could have a sativa looking hybrid with indica affects usually 50/50 though but varies. anyways Enjoy the smoke.

7. #7 purplederp, May 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2012
    It's possibly a hybrid, containing both sativa and indica genetics. I have received some very dense nugs that produced that nice sativa up and away head high. Most people tend to categorize heady upbeat highs as being sativas, but indicas can achieve this characteristic as well

in other words, what the dude above me is saying

8. I only get buds that are hard or as hard as my throbbing cock.

9. Only very pure sativas are fluffy and airy - you have what many have already called a hybrid.

Yes, bud hardeners can be POISONOUS - Gravity is a CARCINOGEN.

Dispensary buds can be the biggest rips, and grown by someone who potentially gives the least shit about your health - you can be sure they had a flower hardener in there.

10. Any bud can be fluffy if the plant had to stretch for light or lacked nutrients, not just Sativas.

11. Majority of the time dealers are just making shit up that sounds better to the buyer. Most weed can be hard if its been vacuum sealed.

I couldn't give two shits about whether or not the weed I'm about to smoke is indica or sativa and you shouldn't either. Just Smoke em if you got em.

12. Med patients care, bro.

13. [quote name='"jeffadamski93"']

Med patients care, bro.[/quote]

Blah. I feel like the strain fad is fading because it's uncool for this new generation.

Think about booze. Yeah alcohol is alcohol when it comes to plastic bottle vodka but cannabis strains can be complex, unique and fun to sample. :smoke:

14. You must be fucking rippppppppppppped dude. Strain fad? What the hell are you talking about?!:eek: People make up names more than ever because people are looking for specific strains (OG Kush and Sour Diesel are thrown around a fuck ton because they're popular strains and people want them.)

15. True, I forgot about those states where you can walk into a store and take your pick. But even that is debatable, as there is so much variety and diversity, some people might be more attached to names than actual effects of the strain itself.

I think, unless you are getting from a source very close to the grower themselves, its pretty much like playing the phone game in grade school where they whisper a phrase into the first persons ear and by the time the last person hears it, it has changed completely.

16. I love the "Name fad", its that way of remembering cool shit. "Duuuuude you remember that time we smoked that *Strain* and then did other crazy shit.

17. Genetics Play a Major role in plants. Ive seen fully flowering plants with Plenty of direct sunlight and still produce long fluffy airy buds like i said (Genetics). theres thousands of different strains out there hybrids indica sativa ect and each and every one has different genetics that affect how the plants grows throughout its Life Cycle some stretch others dont dense buds fluffy airy buds all about the Specific Strain Man and its Genetic LineAge. ;):smoke:

18. [quote name='"jeffadamski93"']

You must be fucking rippppppppppppped dude. Strain fad? What the hell are you talking about?!:eek: People make up names more than ever because people are looking for specific strains (OG Kush and Sour Diesel are thrown around a fuck ton because they're popular strains and people want them.)[/quote]

Disagree. In medical states you can walk into the weed store and 9 times out of 10 you have the correct strain.

In non-medical states or very unregulated one's, yeah, people misuse names like kush all the time.