Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can Running get you high.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by LetsGetLiftedyo, Nov 17, 2010.

1. If I have been smoking for a week once everyday is it possible that I could get high from running and exercising? Is it possible at all?

2. Absolutely - exercise releases endorphins which are a natural body high.

Robin Williams used to do a joke about running a marathon is the same feeling you get as doing hard-core drugs.

3. ya u can, a runners high. but i also think that the thc that has been stored in your fat, when burned goes to your brain and u can get high from that also

4. Yeah, and its really nice when you combine the 2 highs

5. If your talking about burning fat to release thc into your system to get high... Not a chance

6. not a thc high, but a body high because youre brain is releasing endorphins. ive never experienced it, ive never really run more than 2 miles. but sometimes after the first mile i get this feeling that if i dont stop, i can just keep going forever (obviously not though)

7. Hmmm how in your opinion does a runners high feel? How far do I have to run to acheive this high lol.

8. to me its this really awesome feeling like you "break through" in terms of running. all the sudden it feels like less work and your real happy and feeling very accomplished. like a triumph of the human body

and idk, at least a couple miles. maybe your tolerance goes up if you run more ;)

9. I'm gonna go for it:)
    Sweatband time.

10. lol yea, i think he was.

and its an intriguing thought.. but your runners high would definiley overpower any kind of mild thc high, not that there would even be one.

oh and the runnners high is great.

11. It's called Endorphins.

12. Actually, when I smoked in highschool my freshman year I remember smoking before school one day then having to run the mile in gym. After the whole thing it did feel like I was 'high'. It was probably more dizziness and lack of water though.