Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can reggie seeds be dank weed if grown right?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Sir bonglungnugmuncher, Apr 3, 2014.

1.              Hello I'm relatively new to the growing game and I have recently come across some reggie seeds.  74 of them to be exact lol.  I was wondering if I planted them and took care of them could they be dank weed?  From what I have heard reggie is just weed that was not taken care of when grown so I figured it actually could be good weed if grown correctly.  Can anybody answer that? Or will I just have to plant it and find out?

Thanks, Dillon.

2. If grown with care any seeds will yield good flowers

I don't wanna come out of the rabbit hole.

3. genetics play a big role. care plays a bigger role though, and yes you can grow dank weed from bagseed. 

4. You should be able to grow some dank from it.  A lot of times I feel reggie is old bud and not properly taken care of.  But only one real way to find out.  And lol 74!  Damn you can grow a lot of weed with those.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Genetics do have a big roll in the quality. You have to think, when it was grown, it was grown probably with hundreds of others outdoors. Males, females, etc. No nutrients no ph'd water. All that's used is probably cheap pesticide. All thrown in a bucket and compressed together for god knows how long. Probably like a mut bred dog as far as genetics. Don't get me wrong it can still be good smoke no doubt. Just ditch the males and feed and water properly. I'd definitely only grow 4 or 5 starting out.

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1290240-Berry-bomb,-afghan-kush,-pineapple-chunk-grow-update.-Thoughts-welcome

6. #6 snoopdog6502, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2014
    Hell yes they can be grown to be strong green sticky stinky frosty. Iv done it.

7. Thanks guys.  I bought 6 grams of reggie just for the hell of it ($30) and found that many seeds in it haha.  I'm glad to hear that it could be dank weed though!

8. Oh Ya man! I pride myself on that shit! Love taking a strain someone else has fucked off and turning it into dank!

knives heated dull red
    release sweet smoky nectar
    I am lifted high

9. It's only Reggie if u make it Reggie, any strain can be dankest of dank or shit Reggie depending on how u grow it an if u do everything properly

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. nature here buddy, not nurture. 

11. Well no. Its not worth it bro. On your first grow you're already gonna make mistakes that are gonna lower overall quality.

And when growing with reggie seeds the best weed you can get is basically reggie. Doesn't matter how good you take care of it the weed can't outgrow its genetics. So if its genetics are crappy AND you are unexperienced you're gonna waste your time and money to grow some swag that you won't even like.

If you're gonna grow (indoors) do it right. GEt good seeds, get proper nutrition, get proper lighting. Don't waste your time and energy growing indoor schwag.

If you can grow outdoors then plant the seeds. Might as well not waste them. But don't put all your energy into them because like i said they aren't gonna yield anything thats worth your time. You can just grow them to use for hash and brownies.

Put your energy into seeds/clones with good genetics.

12. Sell them for $15 a pop to all of your friends because they are "Super Silver Haze x Train wreck Kush" :yay:

13. Well I have one dank seed that has sprouted and is about 3 inches tall but that was my last dank seed and I'm unsure about purchasing seeds online.  But I just figured that the reggie seeds would be a cheap way to go since this is my first time growing.  That way I won't be losing that much money if the plants die.

14. Yes. Grew some bagseeds next to seeds that I ordered although it wasn't as dank it was still good shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Correction: even clones can change genetics.

16. this guy long quit, he got so high on 4/20 this year he totally forgot about grasscity since then :smoke:

17. So what can you grow dank with Reggie seeds?

18. yes. it won't be the best of the best but it should still be 100x better than the weed it came from.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I used to grow with bag seed from shitty bud when I started years ago until i got the hang of it.

They turned out to be amazing and so much better than the shitty Mexican dirt weed.

It was actually fruity, pretty crazy.

Sent via THC injection.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thank you I'm going to experiment with a couple seeds. Hopefully I get no males or hermies