Can plants see Infrared light?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jasper19, Apr 25, 2016.

1. I have a small nanny cam in my tent aimed at my plants just because I had it and thought it would be cool to see without opening tent or if I'm out.
    For the night cycle it has a small IR illuminator and I didn't know if the plants could sense it or not.

2. They do soak up IR but they can't see it because they don't have eyes, lol.

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Poor choice of wording granted but I wasn't sure if the plants were affected by light not in the visible spectrum and if so in a good way or it made no difference. Im just trying to find out if I should shut if down when the tent goes dark.

4. I was just playin bro, all questions are good questions when you're starting out but look I'm 45 and still asking questions too. That's how we share knowledge to further Mary Jane's soaring existence!!!!! Stay Green

5. Its cool. I got the funny poke. Im just going to set the cam to not go into night mode when the light is out. Id still like to know though if it would affect the plant in flower to have the IR on during darkness. I guess its time to use the ultimate knowledge base. Google.

6. Bro, I can't stress this enough, don't use any lights whatsoever during night cycle. That's when the magic happens, lol. Seriously though, night time is for rest just like for us people. If you don't get complete 12 hours of darkness it will stress your plants into forming male flowers on female plants and can pollinate themselves!!! Shitty Hugh? If we're injured or tired from sunburn or energy spent from exercise(growing taller-growing wider) do we not need a good night's uninterrupted sleep? Think about it. Plants are merely stationary people and we are basically roamable plants because we both need sunlight, food, water and rest. Stay Green