Can Ph kill?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by joelpublic, Mar 8, 2013.

1. I'm new to growing, and though I've read a lot about Ph, and plan on eventually getting some ph up and down (kinda broke), I currently have no idea where my Ph is at. Is this going to be fatal to my little babies? I just germ'd 10 seeds and so far 9 out of the 10 have sprouted to seedlings. I watered them with some water I have running through an old fish tank of mine, so the chlorine and flouride in the tap water SHOULD be gone.

In short, is using tap water like I have with no actual idea of where my ph is at going to prove fatal before I can get some products to control it?

2. I would say get them before going into flower. You might make it through veg, I would go to walmart and get RO water till you get your ph gear.

3. of course pH can kill, dump some concentrated acid or base on it and its gonna kill almost any organism.
    its quite likely that your tap water will be ok for cannabis (although I hear everywhere except where I live tap water is rly bad, while here its better than the bottled stuff :p), it may hurt it but the plant will probably manage to survive for a while and might even be able to flower a little.
    still, a pH meter is pretty essential for growing (unless you use truly good organic soil, which also makes everything else easier). if you dont have one, you pretty much cant diagnose or treat any problem other than pests.

4. ok, thanks guys. this helps me prioritize :)

5. How bad does you PH really have to be to actually kill a seedling? Like 14? Or 1?

6. 4.5 and 8.5 would be my guesses for close to 0 survival rates in seedlings.