Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can one become an occasional smoker after quitting chronic use?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by nonamenoego, Mar 30, 2016.

1. So I decided that it s time for me to get on this forum as well. Been here for a while without registring though, as lot of you still probably do. Haven't found thread covering this question and I guess I'm not the only one with doubts on his mind

Now back to the question itself. I've come to a point where I realized that being a chronic user isn't for me anymore. I can notice that the positive aspects of it have vanished for me and due to everyday use but it seems that it only harms me. I was trying to quit myself multiple times and didn't last for long. Probably sounds ridiculous for weed, but ripping up to 15 bowls daily can't but form some kind of habit. So all of the attempts (whether I was trying to quit myself or when unable to score buds) were fucking hard- anxiety and super depressive thoughts busting thrugh the roof, lack of appetite, insomnia lasting for nights with night sweats that made me change clothes once or twice a night. Probably I m just an addictive person but all of these made it too hard for me to quit. Today I've been to a some sort of private rehab which is expensive as hell but still probably worth it as they promised to clean the THC receptors in the brain in just 3 or 4 days. Then I'll be prescribed to some kind of serotonine boosting medicine for 2 or 3 more weeks just to get rid of that away-from-pot apathy. Then it's only for me to be sober or relapse.

On the other hand, I still that weed is fucking amazing. Never tried any psychoactive substances except for weed and booze but I haven't been drinking ever since I tried weed for the first time. But I do understand that everyone, and I m no exception, simply needs to get wasted from time to time, just to get it from one's chest. And I still think that smoking pot as a recreational substance occasionally is still much better that getting drunk as pig. Now I'm thinking to be sober for 3 months and then maybe give it a try. So if there is someone who went through something alike or have something to comment on that, please share some light on this issue. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 Joker1121, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    nonamenoego, I have done something similar. I was going to a pain clinic and was randomly tested so I had to stay clean for a certain amount of time before a visit in case I got checked. That ended, but I found when I smoked every day it wasn't special anymore. Now I try to keep it to twice a month, but in reality it's about once a week. I do better mentally when I don't smoke daily. I am bipolar and generally cannabis is not recommended for that. Caveat, if anyone is bipolar and it helps I'm glad, it's just not a good Rx for me daily. Keeping my use down is hard, honestly. I have an addictive personality -from age 12 when I had wisdom teeth out and enjoyed the pain meds- I have fought addiction. I drink rarely. In any case, I find occasional cannabis use on special days or one day of the weekend is my sweet spot. It is difficult, though. My wife helps with that. In short I don't smoke more often because it's not good for me mentally (I know that's not everybody), and because it's not fun when my tolerance gets high.
    Sure would like to know what cleans thc receptors besides time and I'm going to research what boosts serotonin.

Since you went to such time and expense to get clean maybe try to save cannabis for special days. It is fantastic when I do partake since I keep my tolerance low.

Just reread your post. If you seriously want to be able to stay clean without all the side effects you usually have- if the treatment you're doing helps with the withdrawal, great- you might enlist the aid of your GP for something to take the edge off for a short while it's rough. Best of luck, mate.

3. It's not an addictive substance like nicotine or alcohol. You can go to occasional use.

4. Of course. But slowing down on the chronic may be hard, i mean they dont call it chronic for nothing you know

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. Use when you have the time and can really enjoy it. If that does not exist, skip until there is time.

• Like Like x 1