Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can neighbors smell weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JohnAndersland, Jul 3, 2012.

1. So i usually smoke hash in my room, i close up the door and window, and i close this outer window thing (like a double window) and i close curtains. I smoke with the AC on aswell. Does the AC let out some smell or something? i kinda think my neibourghs suspect me of smoking because they asked me this morning if my parents were home. (My parents are away for like 2 months).
    Can the neighbourghs smell the smoke even with closed AC aswell?

I live in quite a big apartment and i dont smell the smoke until i walk into my closed room.

2. No, they can't. Neighbours aren't humans, ergo they don't have a nose, ergo they can't smell.

3. Go outside after a smoking session sometime in the middle of the night and see if you smell anything from the outside. Air conditioners do intake some air, and I'm not sure how much of it is expelled and how much is dehumidified and released back into the room but it really shouldn't be a concern if you're not blowing hits directly at the AC.

You don't have to be paranoid about your neighbors, but if you notice them snooping around or they come over unannounced without a tangible purpose then that might be the grounds to have some suspicion.

Also, living in a big apartment unaccompanied for two months allows you to occasionally smoke in any room of your choosing, its not like the smell of cannabis will always be there; it's not that potent, I'd suggest stopping a week prior to their return though if you wish to be safe about it.

4. obviously if i smoke near them they will smell..., but under these circumstances? (Closed door, double closed window, and AC on)

5. they might be able to smell it depending on how much you smoke and.

6. If you smoke then go to check it won't work. After smoking it, it's hard to smell it. Smoke and get a friend to go stand over there at night that hasn't smoked and see if they can smell it.

Offer him a bowl for the trouble.

7. That's a solution too.

I've always been able to smell it after coming back to a place after smoking or going to another location to/with smoke though, I just get a breath of fresh air through my nose in between to clear out any previous smells and sort of 'reset' my nasal receptors.

It doesn't work however when your sinuses get clogged up from smoking, I can't smell anything once that happens.

8. After i smoke a joint. i sometimes go down to get some food from a shop and i dont smell th e smoke until i get back into my room. And it smells very strongly in my room. Hash is stinky

9. Get a smokebuddy if it means this much to you :p

10. Dude fuck your neighbors who cares. You're on your/your families property they can't do shit. Don't be paranoid.

EDIT- post 1111 yay

11. how have you posted that many times in under a year? :eek:

12. In my experience hash smells a hell of a lot less, but I've never had particularly great hash.
    If you cant smell anything in your house outside of your room I'm sure your neighbours wont be able to.

Unless they have fine tuned pot-senses like me...