Can my plants handle 600w hps yet?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Smokedout219, Jan 2, 2015.

1. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420233636.457658.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420233650.488143.jpg

My plants are coming up on two weeks from sprouting? Would it be safe to put them under a 600w hps yet? Right now I have 9 total under a 4ft 4 bulb T5 and I worry that it may not be enough light. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Sure. Might be overkill on the light and you'll be wasting some electricity but they'll handle it

3. Thank you? Would sticking with the T5s for another week or two be the smarter or the two options?

4. Eh either way it'll be fine man.

5. The 600 is a bit much at their young age.  Give them the t5s for another couple weeks.

6. That's what I will do, thank you.

7. If its the right distance away it doesn't matter what light you have ... though using a 1000w hps is a waste of electric as soon as my seeds germinate they get put under a 600 hps and I always get 500 600 grams from 5-6 (early skunk sensitive seeds ) plants

8. the t5 will be better for them until they get about 6" tall. They will handle the HPS now if it's positioned high enough but you will probably find they will stretch more. T5s are great for keeping the stretch down

10. [​IMG][​IMG] 600w mh 6 days old you tell me :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. about 6" for the first few days and then 4" after that as long as your temperature allows

12. How will you get the plants out of those clear bottles when you have to transplant to a proper pot?

13. Just like I would a solo cup turn them upside down and very carefully ease them out haven't damaged a single root yet it just takes tlc

14. You will find when the time comes that because of the shape of the bottles, they won't simply ease out. Plant pots are tapered so the root ball can slide out easily. Those bottles have ribs and some have a waist so it won't just pull out, you're going to have to cut the bottles open.

Light is very bad for roots, so you should really cover up the bottles with something light proof

15. Not the first time I've done it I prefer solo cups or even better the tall foam solocups it was convenient and yes I know about the roots I'll cover them up when it gets to that point

16. I go from seed straight under a 600w m/h. Start em about 30in and work up to 18-20in depending on hood/reflector

Sent from my LGLS991 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Believe it or not when i have it any farther then they strech really bad and I haven't burned a single one I could even go closer yes its a cool tube but I'm not running the fan I'm actually using the light for heat and I'm anywhere from mid 60's to mid 70's