Can my Parole Officer do this?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Squigg, Jul 15, 2009.

1. So I was busted for stealing alcohol and underage possession of alcohol in March. The kid who I was with (who's idea it was to do it, and peer pressured me into doing it after I said I didn't have a good feeling about it) told the cops it was all my idea and I forced him to do it. He only got 30 hours of community service, and has to take an online class.

I met with a Parole Officer, since I was 17 at the time, and I didn't *have* to go to court. The guy asked me if I smoked, I said "no" and he brought me to the bathroom to do a piss test, and if I was THC positive, he was going to double my community service hours. I said I smoked a little, and he took it as I was "CHRONICALLY ADDICTED." When I explained that I self medicated with it, for migraines, my back problems, and anxiety, he told me he didn't give a shit, and that alcoholics tell him that all the time.

So my "informal adjustment" consisted of
    -100 Hours of Community Service (or paying 100 hours of my hourly wage)
    -3 Clean piss tests in the next 6 months
    -Seeing a Drug Counselor 6 times

On my second piss test, I told him that I had like 400 bucks saved up already, and I would probably be done by the third piss test. He then said "Just get a bank check for the 400, bring it here, I'll photocopy it. Instead you go see the drug counselor 12 times, and I'll see you in August and September and drug test you then."

That doesn't make any sense. Can he legally do that? We signed a paper saying THREE clean drug tests in the next 6 months, not 5, not 6, but THREE. Now he's telling me he wants to see me for another two after these three? What the fuck?

After he told me that, in the back of my head I just said "fuck it, I'm gonna start smoking after the third one, and get a detox kit or two, take a break like a week before the test, do a detox kit, test myself, if it doesn't work, do another one in a couple days and test myself then." Which seems like a pretty safe way to go about doing it.

But I'm still reeling over the fact that after we signed an agreement saying 3 clean piss tests, he wants to do 2 more? Could I just not show up? Or would he like send the cops after me?

2. just be a good kid and don't fuck around. The lab can determine diluted samples and clearing kits. The only one I've had any luck with is carbo clean 32 (available at GNC) and it's about $60 here in the states. That's the only reason I'm still getting off in less than a month. It makes your piss look like you broke open a glowstick into the cup, but I passed creatine and the other test, but I failed specific gravity as I had 1.004 instead of 1.005 but they can't get you unless the lab comes back "DILUTED SPECIMEN" so I easily passed THC, but I barely passed the lab. You will more than likely get a letter or a phone call from him telling you to come in for an appointment on VERY short notice so before you smoke be sitting on that clearing kit. And keep it at a friends or something if he visits you at home. I'd be sure the terms of your parole prevent you from possessing or using a clearing kit.
    But good luck man he'll change his mind if you stay clean and don't get caught drinkin and stealing and shit.