Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can my Neighbours smell me smoking?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by IndicaEssex, Jan 13, 2017.

1. This might sound like I am being too paranoid but every time I smoke a joint in my flat I wonder if my neighbours downstairs can smell it.

I smoke about 2 joints per evening, I use scented candles and have windows open. I then use ozium to spray the room after I have finished. There is no air vents linking the upstairs with the downstairs either.

Do you think they can smell it when I spark up a joint?

Be good for feedback as I don't really fancy being evicted from my flat.

2. Who cares, stop being so paranoid.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ibowtobacon - I care. Which is why I posted. I also said that I know I am being paranoid.

Please leave constructive comments only. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  4. Haven't you ever seen a burning building? Where does the smoke go? Not down it goes up because smoke it lighter than oxygen. It is scientifically impossible for people BELOW you to smell your smoke. Next time you're blazing with friends just hang out near your buddies shoes for awhile while he lights the blunt .. you won't smell smoke at all. You're good man don't worry.

• Like Like x 2
  5. jimmyahoo - Cheers bro, appreciated.

6. If there were vents connecting the two, I think they could smell it but if there is no openeings you should be good. Although at my house, If I smoke in the attic where there are no vents, I have had friends that could smell it from walking in my front door, although I probably opened and closed my door a couple times which could have let some smell out.

7. I'm a firefighter, been in many burning buildings. Smoke travels everywhere and not just upwards.
    Because of air currents and ventilation differences it isn't "scientifically impossible" for someone beneath you to not smell the weed smell.
    The smell travels predominantly upwards yes but it goes in ALL directions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 5
  8. Like you said you're a firefighter not a scientist so when I said "scientifically impossible" you're not exactly qualified to disagree are you?

Let's agree to disagree.

:)

9. I just wanna know if they can smell it or not! lol

• Like Like x 2
  10. So you're not a scientist either yet you make the claim that it's scientifically impossible.?
    Or are you.?
    Actually, fire science and smoke behavior are topics which I've studied and trained in so yes I am qualified to comment on smoke behavior.
    You don't need to necessarily be a "scientist".

I'll agree to disagree if you agree not to pose as a scientist..!!
    Lol

• Like Like x 4
  11. Anyway, I would assume that yes the neighbors can smell you smoking.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Surfer8210 - Why would you assume so? Can the smoke travel through the floor and then through their loft and into their flat?

13. With the chronic I smoke my whole block gets :eek::love-m3j::love-m3j:

14. Constructive comment: Enjoy your weed sesh! I would hate to live next door to a county sherrif station in bumfuck egypt Texass where the local deputy is so freekin barney fife bored he is just ITCHING to get you and your gram of mids. I could not relax at all. It would completely ruin my sesh. Take a bong rip, blow into a sploof and shit my pants as I look out the window for the po po. That sucks. Californians (first) got sick of that shit and legalized MMJ so we can smoke freely without being paranoid. I highly suggest you look into moving to a legal state. I know its expensive and a huge change in life that you do not decide to do overnight. But, it's imporatant for me after 40 years of smoking weed, to relax during my sesh. I want this weed to relax me. I have to deal with federal government and thats hard enough. I need to relax. Especially when I smoke, or it will end up sucking so bad that I won't smoke. It will deter me from smoking. Thats the best advice I could give. I know it's not easy, but its important that you allow the herb to relax you. Good luck bro!

• Like Like x 4
  15. Jimmy he was talking about the smell going everywhere while the smoke goes straight up. :)

16. Thank you, it's not necessarily the "smoke" that one smells but the turpines which are off gassed and yes can sink downward and fill the entire building.
    Just figure they can and go with that premise and deal with the ramifications rather than assuming that they can't.
    If you're gonna be paranoid anyway you might as well say fuck it and smile as you walk by.

• Like Like x 1
  17. No, but the smell can!

18. The smell is invisible but it travels differently from the smoke. I guess you would need infrared scope to see where the smell goes or something like that. But trust me, weed smell is strong. Even raw weed smell is strong.