Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can my brother obtain a med card?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ColoradoToking, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Still you have to at least be 18 to even qualify OP. Yes there are children who have qualified but those cases are pretty extremely rare requiring two doctor recommendations. Even then he wouldn't qualify if he was 18 with those conditions. Depression and anxiety are not accepted conditions. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. No lol.. his mother would do that for him. I answer phone calls for  an evaluation center where you can obtain a card

3. #23 Slavakonov, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2014
    I don't think OP understands that..

4. [quote name="Slavakonov" post="19341031" timestamp="1389743419"]I don't think OP understands that..[/quote]Probably not what's with kids these days?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Maybe because it is not true in all States. :smoke:

6. What states have actually prescribed patients under the age of 18 MMJ for depression?

Maybe for adults but not minors.

• Like Like x 1
  7. My point was minors can get the card, not whether depression qualifies.
    Although having said that, a minor in Ca could. :smoke:

http://www.sonoma-county.org/health/services/medicalmarijuanaidcardsfaq.asp
    \tCan a minor apply for a card?Yes, a minor can apply as a qualified patient or caregiver. If a minor is applying as a qualified patient, they must be lawfully emancipated or have declared self-sufficiency status. If the minor applicant is neither of these, the minor's parent, legal guardian, or person with legal authority to make medical decisions for the minor applicant must complete Section 2 of the medical marijuana ID card program application.
    If a minor is applying as a primary caregiver, they must meet additional requirements including:
    • Being consistently responsible for the housing, health or safety of a qualified patient; or
    • Being the parent of a minor child who is a qualified patient.

• Like Like x 1
  8. [quote name="ICGreen" post="19341283" timestamp="1389746075"]My point was minors can get the card, not whether depression qualifies.Although having said that, a minor in Ca could. :smoke:http://www.sonoma-county.org/health/services/medicalmarijuanaidcardsfaq.asp\tCan a minor apply for a card?Yes, a minor can apply as a qualified patient or caregiver. If a minor is applying as a qualified patient, they must be lawfully emancipated or have declared self-sufficiency status. If the minor applicant is neither of these, the minor's parent, legal guardian, or person with legal authority to make medical decisions for the minor applicant must complete Section 2 of the medical marijuana ID card program application.If a minor is applying as a primary caregiver, they must meet additional requirements including:
    • Being consistently responsible for the housing, health or safety of a qualified patient; or
    • Being the parent of a minor child who is a qualified patient.
    [/quote]So he has to be emancipated in order to apply?

9. If the minor applicant is neither of these, the minor's parent, legal guardian, or person with legal authority to make medical decisions for the minor applicant must complete Section 2 of the medical marijuana ID card program application.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I mean, your mom could just buy it for him at a rec store....

• Like Like x 1
  11. #31 classic_bastard, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2014
    No need for a card just have someone at least 21 buy it for you. Sent from Uranus

12. To OP-

Here's your options:

1. Have your mom go buy Rec Weed (it's the SAME EXACT THING, I've heard from several dispensaries who are either converting to rec, or have a 'rec shop' added to their medical store). The only difference between Rec buds and Med buds, are the taxes.

2. Have your mom bring him in and see if the doctors will approve him for medical marijuana. What's the worst that can happen? The doc might just say, "sorry, that's not a good enough reason in this state", in which case, go back to option 1.

13. Why don't your parents buy it for him then?

14. [quote name="Marscadet" post="19336771" timestamp="1389676366"]i have a feeling you are the brother OP 😁[/quote]You shouldn't be dissin him bro, especially with the situation he is in. We dont need your scum.

15. And we don't need you to ride in on a white horse and break the rules by disrespect and name calling. Why bring unnecessary attention to yourself?

By the way he is likely right, it's not hard to see. :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  16. In california you can be under 18 as long as your parents approve. just call a med store and ask if you can set up an appointment and what you should do if your under 18.

17. #37 mrmuffinman, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2014
    I wouldnt give a med card to a 15 year old at all , especially suffering from those symptoms.
    On top of it hindering his still developing cognitive functions, weed can amplify depression and anxiety when sober. Unless he is high 24/7 it will most likely worsem his depression due to the abundance of dopamine released from being high.

The body is left with lessened levels after you come down, which it then must replenish. This is why marijuana abuse can be hazardous to health. Give your hormones no time to reproduce, and they will get scarce.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I hear it makes you rape white women as well.

19. Im confused bro, you think your in the wrong im in the right your wrong simply because you said it first i was backing him up becasue in this situiationn you were a bully. Simple as that, i dont want to fight, i want to back some one who is getting bullied, just like everyone should. Conversation over.

20. Im sure you believe weed is some miracle drug that people cant form a dependance on, right?