Can mix fox farm soil with vermiculite?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by atomhighfatherx, Dec 3, 2012.

1. I am transplanting some of my plants today and i was wondering if mixing the soil with vermiculite be a good idea???

2. What type of fox farms are you using? I use their Ocean Forest and it retains water pretty well so you shouldn't need to add any additional vermiculite.

3. I am using ocean forest too thx i am transplanting. Some of my seedlings today and its the first time i grow so i am trying to be carful how much water should i feed them at this point their only three weeks old

4. I wouldnt..add perlite

5. [quote name='"TinTizzy"']I wouldnt..add perlite[/quote]

this is the correct answer

6. I only used the f f soil for now cause i havent got perlite

7. you should be OK as long as you don't over water them. As i said before the FFOF is already pretty good so you shouldn't need anything else to begin with BUT do keep a close eye on the girls as it is a very rich mix and some strains can burn easily in it.

8. I see their coping alright for now i only watered them a little bit yesterday, i just going to water it when it looks dry :) their only three weeks and a couple days old, so they wont need that much water. plus their in fluro light wich drys water slower or atleast i think:) the strains that are in ff soil are moby dick and skunk 47'

9. I usually add perlite at about a 1 to 5 ratio, depending on the brand I use.