can men and women be just friends?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by HelpMeOutHo, Dec 8, 2011.

1. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_lh5fR4DMA]Why Men and Women Cant be friends - YouTube[/ame]

funny vid. notice how all the girls are like yes and all the guys are like no. lol

then when he asks all those girls the second question each chick mind fucks themselves. hahahaha

2. but 2/5 of my closest friends are guys... D:
    shiiiit

3. than they probably wanted to fuck you at some point or still do. lollll. i'd imagine this video is like some mind expanding shit for females

4. Lol I mean there really isn't a reason to "just be friends" with a girl

5. Not without sexual tension! Gotta love it

6. I have guys who are only friends and there's
    never been a sexual tension there.

And they are not my gay guy friends.

:confused_2:

It's all a matter of maturity/respect I think.

7. Well personally, I could. But I have super human will power. :)

8. nope. Not possible.

9. #10 rumblefish, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2011
    Am I the only one that's ever had an ugly chick for a friend?

I wouldn't let my penis anywhere near that snatch, but damn she was chill to hang out with

10. Not unless he finds the woman completely unattractive, and in that case why would he befriend her?

11. unless you have asked them straight up to their face if they wanna fuck you i don't think you can make that assumption. most guys are good at covering the fact they wanna viciously ram their female friends.

i'm not saying you are wrong because i made the same argument on facebook to some people (your side of the argument) but you can't honestly believe none of your male friends don't want to bone you.

also, you need to have a little insight to the male mind. as soon i see a pretty girl i imagine me fucking her, that simple. it's totally subconscious, i can't control it. unless all your male friends have honed their subconscious's to the point controlling it completely they have thought of fucking you

12. Yes. Possible. Gay men ate girls best friends. But I have had many more male.friends than female friends in my day.

13. Hahah I don't give a shit about the male mind.

LOL jk. Seriously though, if I don't get that "I'm
    checking you out when you don't know it, let's
    have sex" vibe then I don't even worry about it.

As long as that vibe isn't coming from me then
    there's nothing to think about. It ain't happenin'.
    I don't care if you wanna bone, it ain't happenin'.

Okay I'm done with bad grammar for the day. :p

You need to learn some things about female mind:

Most of us don't give a shit and we know if we
    want to have sex with you within the first 10 mins
    of meeting you. You think you guys are bad, girls
    are just as bad if they're not already planning out
    sexy outfits, different alluring situations etc.

Guys wanting to bone is nothing new. Girls are just
    used to brushing it off or saying no.

:p

14. I feel like at some point in time, I feel like one has feelings for the other. For god sakes, I even made my GAY guy friend hot for me... by accident I may add. I'd like to keep some guys as just friends, but it never seems to happen.

15. Yes, as a straight guy I think men and women can be friends. No doubt, he will totally want to screw her. But they can be 'friends' if thats how you define this kind of friendship.

There are a few circumstances as to why there wouldn't be any feelings. Like, if the girl is totally ugly. I had a friend like that. She ended up being f***ing unstable, so I don't talk to her anymore. But even when we were friends, no I didn't like her.

Of course, this is not a single-sided discussion. As posts above this said, both guys and girls think about having sex with the other. The demonstrated scenario is how the girl doesn't like him, but the guy likes her (using 'like' in any mix of romantic or sexual feelings). There is also the case where the guy doesn't like her, but the girl likes him (as with my situation). Don't think that doesn't happen.

But, (now girls, don't hate me) on a biological level there is a difference. The point of an organism's existence is to procreate. Men evolved to share their DNA. We want to make sure our genetic code is passed on, and logically, sticking with one person is not the best case for survival. Women on the other had evolved to bear the offspring. For almost a year they have to be careful and nurture the thing growing inside of them. During this time, they are not able to survive as well on their own, so they are more inclined to find a guy who can take care of them during this time. Thus, guys will have feelings for girls more than the other way around. Its biology

16. There's just as much reason as there is to be "just friends" with a guy. :poke:

So every man who is friends with a woman has wanted to fuck her at some point? :confused:

That's a pretty ridiculous assumption. I have plenty of guy friends, some of whom are very happily married, as am I. They're my friends, there doesn't need to be some sort of physical/emotional attraction for us to hang out and be friends. :p

17. hahahah i can definitely see woman as knowing whether or not they would fuck you within the first 10 mins. lol

18. [quote name='"DancingVinodini"']I have guys who are only friends and there's
    never been a sexual tension there.

And they are not my gay guy friends.

:confused_2:

It's all a matter of maturity/respect I think.[/quote]

Doesn't mean there's never been any for them

19. Doesn't mean there has, either. :cool: