Can Medical Marijuana treat migraines effectively?

Discussion in 'General' started by FourTwentySeven, Apr 16, 2013.

1. I would like to know if they treat migraines really well.

Thanks!

2. I've been on a t-break for a month now and have been getting migraines as well as being unable to sleep much. It sure would help me lol

3. Can medical also help neck pain?

4. I get migraines quite often, also one of my reasons for having a medical card. For a non-recreational user yes it will ease headaches. Edibles seem to work better. But if you want ultimate relief from a migraine, the sure fire way for me is using Hash oil.

You can either use a dome and nail and "dab" (google it if you don't know what I mean) or buy a G pen, Stickpen, Atmos raw, etc.. "pen vaporizer".

Over all, marijuana in all forms is more effective for me than the pharmaceuticals I was given by the doctor. Ocassionally there is still migraines for me that absolutely nothing will touch, unfortunately.

5. Yes, it definitely and can help both of those issues. I have frequent migraines that often tense up my back neck, too, so I can say from experience that about two bowls of the weak stuff and I don't have any pain.

6. Sure, Regular non-"medical" cannabis can do. But it doesn't affect everyone the same. Most of the time if I get a migraine smoking actually makes it worse. Not so much more painful but I tend to notice it more and can't relax enough for it to go away on it's own.

7. #8 Floydian, Apr 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2013
    Depends on what you mean by treat. Marijuana will not rid you of chronic migraines, they can and will still occur; albeit less frequently, in some cases. However, consumption of Marijuana can alleviate many of the symptoms.

It is worth mentioning that one should avoid smoking in such a fashion that will make them cough, during a migraine. Excessive and/or strenuous coughing can make the pain quite a bit worse, and is easily avoided by taking smaller puffs at a slower draw rate. It is well worth the conscious effort to avoid coughing. I'm going on first hand experience when I say that a coughing fit will make an already hurting head hurt beyond belief. This is, of course, not an issue with edibles.

8. I'll add that weed works for me for my migraines. But like Spaced said, edibles seem to work better for me for migraine pain. I almost always have a batch of cookies or brownies around.

And I also agree with Floydian that coughing during a migraine is HORRIBLE. Don't let it happen at any cost.

9. Hi, I'm a 30 year sufferer of Migraines and am going to give MJ a go at relieving them, can anyone provide advise as to the best strain to use e.g. Sativa / Indica?

thanks

10. #11 stayst0ney, Apr 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2013
    Indica. :) when I had a migraine I tried to look up if I could use sativa for my migraine because thats what i had at the time and it said that sativa would make it worse. Not sure if that's true but I would definitely not want to risk it! Haha

11. It does not for me. Not smoking anyway. If I have a mild headache smoking usually takes away the pain immediately but once the pain gets to a certain point it doesn't help at all.