Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can medical marijuana be used to treat physical & chronic pains

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Wayne145, May 3, 2019.

1. I am suffering from chronic pain in all big and small joints like back part of waist, knee, heel, shoulder, cervical etc for the last 4 years. I sought treatment for arthritis from a reputed Orthopaedist in Canada, But the pain is still not subsidizing. I have also treated with Homeopathic medicine like Rhus tox 10 M, Calcarea Carb 10 M, Lithium Carb 30, Rubinia 30. The Pain does get less upon taking Homopathic medicines but there is no significant relief. My friend, on the other hand, has recommended me to go for medical marijuana in Ontario. Does anyone here know if this is something I should try? I'm a little skeptical here. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Cannabis is the name for the plant which produces marijuana flowers. There are two major kind of Cannibis, cannibis sativa ams cannabis indica. There are hybrid cross breeds and possibly a third established branch to the plant family. The use of cannabis, in many forms including raw plant material, extract, tincture, edible, synthetic, etc, has been establish to have medical benefits including help in dealing with chronic pain. It is not necessarily a pain killer such as an opiate nor does it numb you. It relaxes you and makes a user somewhat feel better overall physically, though it can have a different effect from person to person.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. AA lot of people use MJ for chronic pain - including me. Takes a while to find the right strain, CBD:THC ratio, dosage, and best method of consumption. Just starting a couple of plants called Painkiller XL, have high hopes!

• Like Like x 2
  4. here is a youtube showing how it works

• Like Like x 1
  5. here is a youtube showing how it works

6. As a fellow chronic pain sufferer, painkiller XL can works really well and has killer yield potential :) . You want a 1:1 ratio (THC/CBD) for chronic pain. Hope it works well for you. I've just started making RSO which is also very helpful, that and topicals. Best of luck

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  7. So there are many ways to consume cannabis for pain and yes it does work. You could use it topically and rub it in the areas on your body that hurt. You can smoke it for insta-relief . You can take it sublingual by making or buying a tincture to put under your tongue. You can take an edible.

You can put a transdermal patch on (for a slow release) If you are in excruciating pain, you can use the same oil that cancer patients use. It's called FECO (full extract cannabis oil) but you will see it called RSO (Rick Simpson Oil), or Phoenix Tears. But basically its an oil made by taking the cannabis plants, stripping out the precious compounds by using a solvent and reducing the stripped out matter until it is down to a tar like substance. The solvents evaporate out. People will fill up their syringes (without needles) because it has the measurements on the side so they can squirt out exactly the correct amount of oil in to a capsule to ingest. It's the strongest form of cannabis medicine and you must start extremely slow with a very small amount. The size of a head on a pin will do the job.

Now if you are not used to getting high, all of these methods with the exception of the topical will get you high. Granny above mention CBD. This has also been known to help many with pain and inflammation and it won't get give you the "stoned" feeling. Some feel the tch + cbd does a better job but never hurts to start with cbd to see if you find relief.

• Like Like x 1
  8. If you still want more opinions, I also second it. I have chronic headaches, recurring plantar fasciitis, and pretty frequent hip/back pain. It almost always alleviates my symptoms and depending on your method of ingestion, it can be almost instant. I also use it for nausea and period cramps. It's insane how much it can actually relieve. Sure there are those people it's not quite meant for, but I think it's overwhelmingly worth trying.

• Like Like x 1