Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can marijuana use cause depression?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by noahr68, Jul 12, 2015.

1. I've always found that Marijuana alleviated depression, anxiety, stress, etc. from my life. However, I have a friend who hates that I smoke because her sister smokes weed, and is always depressed and very anxious. She's gone in her room and looked around, finding a box with a whole lot of bud next to some bloody razor blades. So I'm wondering, is it possible cannabis could have been the cause? I know a lot of people try to push that pot can cause mental illness in underage users, though I have been smoking since 15 and have found it to be the answer to most of my problems.

2. some people react different. without sounding sexist, its generally the girls that flip out and do shit like that.

she most likely has other issues unrelated to weed. however sounds like it isnt helping her what so ever so she needs real help.

3. I think you'll find she was already depressed before she started smoking marijuana.

4. exactly APH, long time no see maaaate

5. Many depressed people smoke weed, far more depressed people smoke cigarettes though and for some reason I never hear anyone try to make the claim that the cigarettes are causing the depression, but lots of people love to blame weed. I don't think smoking either is causing the depression or anxiety but she turned to them to try and self medicate and clearly for her this is not working.

6. #6 Galaxy420, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2015
    it does not cause it or eliminate it it just helps you to feel more what you want to feel. so a depressed person can use cannabis and want to feel better and they generally do but that same person can use cannabis and not want to feel better and not let the cannabis work on them because of the override in their wanting to feel depressed. we place the depression on ourselves and we lift it from ourselves, sure there are chemicals involved but we regulate them too so really we have no excuse except for ignorance of how it all works and correct application of natural laws...

edit... the correct strain of cannabis helps with the outcome too, get an uplifting make you happy strain and ""want"" to feel happy while using said strain

7. that actually makes perfect sense, I've used cannabis for ADHD, anxiety, and depression and it worked perfectly. I never understood how someone can fight high, or feel bad in any way high, but I guess it's all about how you want to feel like you said.