Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can marijuana help with depression?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Robert A. McAtee, Oct 27, 2022.

1. Hormones absolutely effect how we feel, and how we feel also effects our hormones.
    The study wasn't suggesting that hormones don't effect how we feel, it was suggesting that depression is not caused by someones brain being inherently broken.
    Changing your lifestyle can change your hormones and brain chemistry.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. For sure, I'm an example of that!

• Like Like x 1
  3. As in all things that are not permanent ( foods, diet, etc...) they are recognized by the being, then that is over .
    We are not islands and rely on the world around us for support .
    Choose wisely the world with-which you want to live in .

and also, when seeking the Highest of Highs- Expect the lowest of lows . Stay balanced and OK with just being you . Bless

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Marijuana helps to reduce you stress level as well as depression. Medical cannabis significantly diminish your anxiety, depression.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. could be but not if you are getting arrested for it ... High anxiety all day right ther

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. #26 eriodadarrio, Jan 23, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2024
    I get it, the struggle with depression is real. Some say marijuana helps, but it's different for everyone. If you're diving into this, I found fherehab.com pretty insightful on mental health. Just sharing what's been useful for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Cannabis has helped my depression a lot.

The way it seems to be for me is that prescription meds reduce my emotional pain just well enough that I don't want to end myself.

Cannabis, on the other hand, gives me actual pleasure, as if it acts as a substitute for the good feeling you're supposed to have after accomplishing things and such.

It motivates me, too, which some may think is counter-intuitive to the stereotype. Knowing that I have an enjoyable experience waiting for me at the end of challenging activities makes doing them easier.

I have been even better now that cannabis is legal here, and I can find out exactly which strains and consumption methods have the best results instead of being forced to take whatever random stuff my supplier happened to have.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1