Can marijuana disprove religion?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by silver104, Jun 8, 2008.

1. I was reading Cannabis: A History by Martin Booth (mind blowing literature) and i read a passage about using anointed oil and the translation of the messiah...

The Greek title "Christ" is the translation of the Hebrew word Messiah, which in English becomes "The Anointed" The Messiah was recognized as such by his being anointed with the holy anointing oil, the use of which was restricted to the instillation of Hebrew priests and kings. If Jesus was not initiated in this fashion then he was not the Christ, and had no official claim to the title.
    <TABLE width=170 align=left border=0 hspace="5" vspace="5"><TBODY><TR><TD>D The title "Messiah" is much older than Christianity, as all the ancient kings of Israel are referred to as the "Messiah". "Christos - Anointed One, a title of many Middle-Eastern sacrificial gods: Attis, Adonis, Tammuz, Osiris. . ." 12</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The ancient recipe for this anointing oil, recorded in the Old Testament book of Exodus (30: 22-23) included over nine pounds of flowering cannabis tops, Hebrew "kaneh-bosm" B, extracted into a hind (about 6.5 litres) of olive oil, along with a variety of other herbs and spices. The ancient chosen ones were literally drenched in this potent cannabis holy oil.
    <TABLE width=170 align=right hspace="5" vspace="5"><TBODY><TR><TD>B The "m" is a pronounced plural, and the singular kaneh-bos sounds remarkably similar to the modern cannabis. Although often mistranslated as "calamus", the word has been translated as "fragrant-cane" in most modern bibles, and specifically designates the fragrant flowering tops of cannabis.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

From the time of Moses until that of the later prophet Samuel, the holy anointing oil was used by the shamanic Levite priesthood to receive the "revelations of the Lord". At the dawn of the age of Kings, Samuel extended the use of the anointing oil to the Hebraic monarchs by anointing Saul (and later David) as "Messiah-king". These kings lead their people with the benefit of insights achieved through using the holy anointing oil to become "possessed with the spirit of the Lord."

"Anointing was common among kings of Israel. It was the sign and symbol of royalty. The word 'Messiah' signifies the 'Anointed One', and none of the kings of Israel were styled the Messiah unless anointed."
    1 The title was clearly only given to those "having the crown of God's unction upon them" (Leviticus 21:12).

Recap: Is it not said that God delivered the bible to humans?

So basically i think the preists and writers of the bible were complely high when they wrote all those deep stories. I'm not here to critcize any religion...its just an interesting question to raise. btw as i am writing this a motherfucking cockaroach just climbed on my leg (im not high) and i shook it off and its trapped under my garbage can. ive been spraying it with silicone spray and using my liter to torch it but its pretty resiliant. how do i kill this roach and what do u think about religion?

2. Yeah I've often thought marijuana can be spiritual. Maybe they used it to help in meditation like Rastas of today?

About that roach step on it and clean up the goo. Or maybe you could get some axe spray and just spray that shit and hold the lighter so it's a miniflamethrower:p to burn it. Just don't try a nuclear bomb, i hear those don't work so well on roaches.

3. Who the fuck told you that. It is does not say that anywhere, infact the bible was written many years after the stories were told and books of the bible such as the Epistle of James has been denounced as false and rejoiced as the word of the lord. The bible was written years after the events took place and was written from the perspective of those who held the pen. The bible is amazing as guideline or a book of stories on how to live your life, however its when people take its literary as set in stone and 100% true then problems occur. The overall message of the bible was that Jesus loves every man, yet a few passages say its wrong to have relations with another man and therefor people legitimize slandering gays. And translations from Greek to Hebrew to English is the dumbest shit I've ever heard. I would be more interested in translations from Hebrew to Aramaic.

Edit sorry my girl just came over and acted like she was gonna fuck started then bounced life sucks.

4. im talking about the old testiment. I not saying to take the bible 100% literally. I know that each story has life lessons that can teach everyone but i think the creativity in making the stories came from being high. The lessons are real, the stories are not obviously.

5. Disproving religion = entirely counter productive, impossibly futile venture, of which no good will come. The premise [disproving religion] is rediculous, via any means.

Edit; Also, why does it seem that the only faith that qualifies as Religion, is the Christian?

I've never seen a damn "Disproving Religion" (and there have been OH so many) thread, about Judiasm, Islam, Buhdism, etc.

6. the rastas smoke because the hebrews did - they never really stopped in some places in ethiopia.

weed used to be a regular part of hebrew traditions

and jesus just wanted to eat some bread and fish (munchies) drink some wine (cottonmouth) and wanted everybody to be nice to each other (sounds like a hippi)