Can mankind create and meet god via technology/artificial intelligence

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Messiah Decoy, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Or would that be as futile as building a Babylonian tower to the heavens?

2. Eventually computers will be able to increase their own intelligence to the point where they become god-like.

Will this be anything like meeting God?

3. Just stop

4. Why?

If a machine is conscious and has a million "IQ" wouldn't it would pretty much be relatively omniscient.

Would it not?

5. That's an interesting question. While I don't pretend to know, I have a feeling there is something lurking in that thought that makes me ponder.

6. #6 Postal Blowfish, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2013
    As Neil deGrasse Tyson put it, apparently God "is an ever shrinking pocket of scientific ignorance." The natural expectation to follow an observation like that would be that it's unlikely that we would meet god, and probably more likely that we would eventually rule out the existence of god with a certainty of 99.99999% which is the threshold of acceptable scientific discovery these days. Exactly how we would do so is anyone's guess at this point, as closing our scientific ignorance to near zero isn't likely to be accomplished within the next millennium.

7. god> everything

yes, even some bs technology

8. According to a silly human.

9. #9 ytfghmjb, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
    we the ones that created technology in the first place... and we were created by god.. how the fuck are you going beat god, lol. dumb ass. the only thing you beat is yourself (with technology) AND THEN GOD BEATS THAT TOO. then you might not be here at all. lol, dumb ass. but I bet I will. me and god, lol. We are god(s)

Disrespect/ Name calling is not tolerated here.

M369

10. firstly, you don't have to be so disrespectful. your god probably doesn't appreciate it. secondly, everything you're saying is still just according to a human. i don't even know which god you're talking about, that's how silly all this is.

11. #11 ytfghmjb, Apr 18, 2013

My god don't give a fuck, most animals have teeth and defense mechanisms in the jungle, but all I'm doing is talking...... you shouldn't be offended so easy when you started by calling me silly. i think your attempt to beat god is silly, and you might fuck it up for yourself and all of us if you try. so don't

12. I think all humans are silly. I'm not offended by you telling me it is silly to try and beat your imaginary friend at some imaginary task. That would be silly.

As for trying to meet god, that's likely to keep happening until science is finally convinced there is nothing to meet.

13. Lets just put it this way, long after god was put into perspective humans thought this earth was flat.
    This isn't to say however that faith doesn't play an important role in everyday life and possibly the future of human evolution.

14. #14 ytfghmjb, Apr 18, 2013

so you think you can beat god, whose not an imaginary friend but omnipresent, everywhere at the same time. you, me, nature, everything. that's god. and you can beat it. with robots. lol

you're right about one thing, humans are damn silly. Well, at least you are. I'm god. nice to meet you, lol. have fun trying to kill yourself

15. I'm not talking about beating anyone at anything.

That's just, like, your opinion. Man.

I'll grant that we blowfish must seem silly to humans. I don't really need any help dying, that's definitely going to happen.

16. #16 ytfghmjb, Apr 18, 2013

True that blowfish, I hope you discover everything you want to know before that point. Maybe I got a little out of hand with ya. Just how i conversate I guess. You're an alright guy. But god is eternal life man, and if you let shit happen the way its suppose to happen, who knows. maybe one day we won't have to die at all. but it won't work by manipulating shit with computers. thats like going backwards, in my opinion man.

17. Unlikely, but fine with me.

I don't really have a choice. I figure shit is going to happen the way it will. I think you're right, we will probably reach relative immortality in another few hundred years, but at the same time we might choose the computer route because they will probably surpass our brains' limits on processing in the same time period.

18. beat god, with a labtop. lmao

19. I don't know how many ways I can tell you how I'm not trying to beat anything.

20. If it hasn't been mentioned before, check out Terance McKenna speaking on his view of this called "The Singularity."

Wait, I can't link this. Too much other discussions.