can LST on square pots or round

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mangochut, Sep 20, 2007.

1. seedlings are getting bigger so I'm lookin' to buy some containers to transplant in (outdoor grow) and the plants are to be LST'd. with LST is it better to use circular pots or square ones. Square pots hold more soil volume but are round pots more LST-friendly I mean as you tie down each branch going in the circular motion around the container?

other wanted to know are the fixing point for the LST string holding the branches, do I need to drill holes around the pot rim to put string through and knot. I want to be able to pick up and move the pots quickly if my dad comes over and hide them, so the anchor for the string needs to be on the pot so it's portable.

also would a 300mm container be about 5 gallonns or should I get 350mm pots? I don't want my plants getting huge just decent.

2. You should be able to LST a square pot just fine. As far as connecting the strings to the pot, many things work. You can do what you said and drill holes around. I always grew in small plastic buckets so I would just put in screws around the perimeter to use as anchor points. Some people just duct tape the string to the pot.

3. yea I saw some pics before of a duct tape LST that'd be the easiest way. looked a mess but if it sticks and holds just fine then all good.

what kind of strings the best once I used fishing line and it strangled the plant and affected its growth I'm sure. it completely cut into the stem but that was years ago when I didn't know sh*t.