can kush be grown hydroponically?

Discussion in 'General' started by StormKing, Feb 6, 2012.

1. i know dro is grown with hydroponics (duh) but can kush also be grown that way? i got some bud from a friend, and he says its kush, but it looks like it was grown using all the hydro stuff

2. Kush is just a strain name, has nothing to do with how it's grown.

Correct me if I'm wrong someone D:

3. Dro is slang man. There is no strain that is called "Dro". You can grow kush in soil, hydro, and areo and its still kush

4. lol @ "it looks like it was grown using all the hydro stuff"

5. I had a nice chuckle myself, it stopped me from giving him a response filled with sarcasm

6. if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say it at all. simple questions call for simple answers. no need to troll

7. there is no look to hydro stuff, the exact same thing can be grown in soil and look the same way. There is no special look to hydro bud, it just looks good

yes kush is a strain, any strain can be grown hydroponically

8. Hydro just means it's grown hydroponically, every plant can be grown hydro.

However, hydro makes less quality bud compared to soil. Not always, but I'd say majority of hydro SUCKS.

9. actually, growing in hydro results in smaller stems. i do believe

10. Wrong.

11. hydroponically means grown indoor with artificial lights and simulated environment. Lots of good weed is grown this way.

12. some seriously misinformed people.. Hydroponics is using water as the medium for the roots, with airstones (oxygen) as well. constantly being fed nutrients. Its much faster, harder to maintain, and produces, in most cases a little bigger bush. :wave:

13. Hydro might force feed, but takes away what nature does, give it taste.

Compare hydro grown bud with soil grown of same strain, nearly everytime soil tastes better.

14. Im not going to debate hydro vs soil. i dont grow in hyrdo. i have compost piles here older then half the posters (it seems like) :laughing:

15. Well that's a type of hydroponic system.

Hydroponics is growing with no medium at all, like DWC, or with an inert medium like coco or perlite and supplying the nutes for the plant in the water.

16. true :p, i always got confused about coco coir n all that jazz :smoke:

17. No, growing with no medium at all would be Aeroponics

18. #18 Chrismittty, Feb 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2012
    Yall are all pretty much right in various ways. All just talkin diff kindsa hydro. Soiless like coco is the most visually confusing cos well it looks like soil.;)

Always heard hydro provided the increased rootspace that is needed to produce larger plants, Ive seen some huge rootmasses.

Peralite Hempy's FTW:hello:

So thats really not classified as a type of hydro? ive always kinda just throw it in the mix.haha Learn new shit here..i guess id seen the subforum on aeroponics, just never thought twice :cool: haha

Hydroponic Growing - Grasscity.com Forums

19. I would have to believe that Aeroponic would be the only form of pure medium-less growing. Even in a DWC system the roots are still growing into a reserve of water...granted most "aeroponic" systems don't have the super fine pressurized mist that forms a fog that the roots grow into.

It's just how things were explained while I was working at the hydroponic store

EDIT: Sorry forgot to say the most important part of the post. Coco core, rocwool, ect. Thats all still a medium

20. True story, now that you mention it, there isnt any medium, I do know some who like to line aero cloners with those coco mats, any idea why?:confused: