Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can just anyone create a new strain?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by camram, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Like is it on the same difficulty level as growing? This dispensary I went to claimed to have their own strain.

2. Anyone that has extensive growing history can breed their own strain of pot. What they would do is take say some real nice Sour Diesel and maybe some real nice grand daddy purp and cross them. I would call the shit Grand Daddy Diesel. I dont know the specifics but i read about breeding in "the marijuana grow bible" and it seemed pretty complicated. Its like breeding anything else where you have dominate and recessive traits so you modify it in order to bring out only the best traits.

3. Maybe they were just blowing smoke at me but this "strain" is horrible. If I had to name it, I would call it Bad Traits because it has all the bad side effects of cannabis. I'm like paranoid and hungry...

4. Coulda been there first attempt at breeding. Do they call it the "house" strain?

5. Naw they just say how they bred it when they kind of present it to you.

6. [quote name='"camram"']Maybe they were just blowing smoke at me but this "strain" is horrible. If I had to name it, I would call it Bad Traits because it has all the bad side effects of cannabis. I'm like paranoid and hungry...[/quote]

The fuck you talking about paranoid and hungry is where it's at!

7. In the works ATM

8. Lol and my heart was like beating all fast... I think I know why the popular strains became that

9. [quote name='"camram"']

Lol and my heart was like beating all fast... I think I know why the popular strains became that[/quote]

Sounds like a good sativa dude

10. Eh, feels like an attempt at making a good sativa.

Speaking of good sativas... I like strains like Chiesel and Pineapple Haze that are heady but still keep you happy :hippie: