Can I wrap a slice of pizza in bacon, and cook it in the oven?

Discussion in 'General' started by ChronicPhonix, Jan 24, 2013.

1. #1 ChronicPhonix, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2013

2. Fry the bacon to the point that its like that half cooked stated. Then wrap the pizza and bake it.

By the way, why not just put some bacon on top of the pizza instead?

3. Only a stoner would think of this lol. There's only one way to find out!

4. I want what your smoking on.

5. Just imagine it dude, a bacon triangle with cheese and bread inside.

6. Considering the fact that it would taste exactly the same as a piece of pizza with bacon strips on top I see it as a big waste of time.

But hey, if you go through with this epic adventure we're going to need some pics as proof.

7. Youve inspired me op! As soon as im over this stomach flu im making me some bacon pizza with extra melted cheese.

8. keeping in mind most people dont like their pizza soggy with bacon grease....

9. Why not just cook bacon and put it on? Or oder pizza with bacon

10. Bacon needs about 15 minutes in a 400 degree oven, I think an already cooked pizza might burn. Plus it'll be soaked in bacon grease which is... you know, I can't actually decide whether I think that's good or bad.

11. Guise...this is why you wrap the pizza in bacon and then put that masterpiece on a cooling rack over a baking tray.

All the grease will drip off, and air circulation will allow for the bacon on the bottom of the pizza to get crisp.

All things are possible with bacon.

12. Just wrap the pizza in bacon, then fry it in a pan like u would regular bacon.

13. That good, very good. :devious:

14. It'll still be sitting in bacon grease that way :poke:

15. gravity will pull the grease from the bacon on top, into the pizza lol... the pizza is not a grease osmosis membrane, its more like a flour sponge....

the bacon on the bottom, sure no problem... because gravity hahahaha

16. You know how when you get a pizza from a less-than-reputable place you gotta use an entire roll of paper towels to dab the grease off of the top? Cheese will not allow that bacon grease to soak into the pizza. It forms a natural barrier.

God had this in mind when he created both pizza, and bacon.

17. Well I charged it. Wrapped that bitch up and put her in a 400 degree oven. I'm gonna just lift the pan every couple of minutes and drain the grease, then put it back in. I'll take the best pics I can with my shitty phone.

18. thats before the pizza is cut sir, its a barrier

op says 1 slice, you have then exposed the side of the slice, the grease will drip down the side and enter the crust and your cheese barrier was USELESS!!!!

19. Pizza science is totally intense.

20. Maybe if your pizza dough is as thick as a slice of cake :laughing:

Clearly the answer is to encrust your pizza in a wrapping of cheese previous to wrapping it in bacon. More cheese+more bacon= pizza evolutionary perfection.