Can I use this bulb for veg growth?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Rdp479, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Can I use a GE general purpose softwhite 60watt 950 lumens for veg growth? There the swirled fluorescent tube ones.

If not what else is cheap and available at home depot.

2. yes you can but you might need a bunch of em

3. Hmmm I only have one lamp. How many do you recommend? I plant to use this one lamp for 3 or 4 plants should I get 4 in total?

Will it grow slow? Thanks for all the help!

4. a rule of thumb is at least 50 watts per square foot , more light = faster bigger better

5. Thanks for the help this site is great!

Would it work for flowering?

6. they will work but a 1000 watt hps with a cool tube would be way better. more light good

7. read here : http://forum.grasscity.com/general-indoor-growing/122824-kamels-cfl-guide.html

and look at #2 in my sig.

if you are going to even try to grow with cfl bulbs (compact floresent lights) you NEED to have several of the 26w or higher cfl bulbs. the 13w like the one you have arent worth the hassle. they produce just as much heat as the 26w but 1/2 the light

i am currently using 6 26w cfl bulbs for one plant and it has grown with all 6 its entire life and is now a week from harvest.

make sure you are looking at the actuall wattage not the incandecent equivalent.

a general rule of thumb is at least 100w of light per plant.

8. Thanks a ton! Exactly the answer I need.

9. no problem man. happy growing! hope it works out for you. :smoking:

10. "Soft White" has a color temperature of 2700K, this is more ideal for flowering.

For vegging you want 6500K, also known as "Day Light".