Can I use the blasted weed for Edibles?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by FatDutchie, Sep 10, 2012.

1. I just blasted an OZ of some dank into hash oil. I got about 3.0g and its beautiful! My question is can I use the weed that has been passed through the butane, for edibles? I was told by a friend you can use it.

2. well for starters, if you were using high quality plant matter, thats a horrible yield and you should run it all again. i would expect 5 to 6 grams if i ran an ounce, but i usually always do 2 runs. if you were running mid grade stuff that isnt magazine quality then that yield might be about right.

i have heard of people doing an ISO extraction on the stuff they already ran for BHO, but your talking about very little THC left in that plant matter. after its been run twice, that whole ounce might not even be enough for you to feel it in edibles if you ate them all yourself.
    i would definitely would not use the actual plant matter in anything, theres going to still be butane left in that stuff, but if i understand correctly that should evaporate away by the time all the ISO evaporates doing an ISO extraction.

3. I'd recommend doing a second extraction with the material finely ground (I use a micro planer to get it into powder) then you can either dab that stuff or dissolve it into oil/butter for edibles. You can even eat the resulting product plain but id assume it would taste rather gross, plus the consistency at that point would be disgusting. I've never done a third extraction, but some people swear by doing a subsequent iso wash, which is then usually turned into either topical ointment or edibles. I'd assume by the third wash your extracting just as much plant matter as remaining cannabinoids, and you're almost guaranteed a rather small yield but if you've got the time and supplies, why not give it a try and tell us how it went.