can i use PLASTIC cabinet for ScrOG grow??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by hakaveli, May 10, 2007.

1. for some reason i cant link directly to home depot products so I'll have to embed the picture in this post.. This cabinet is 55 dollars at my local home depot.

here is a pic of the cabinet i am talking about

[​IMG]

and its dimensions

Assembled Depth (In Inches) 19 In.
    Assembled Height (In Inches) 35.8
    Assembled Width (In Inches) 30

will this plastic material be OK to grow in???

2. It depends on what kind of lights you are going to use, that thing is pretty short. You have to figure in about 6-12 inches for pots, and another 2-12 inches depending on lights you use. Floros would prob be best for a cabinet that short. That really only leaves you a little bit of space for your plants. Plus you run the risk of melting the thing if something goes wrong with your lights. I don't know, I would go for something else personally. I saw a "wardrobe" that is much more suitable and it was at home depot itwas about 90 bucks. Plus its already painted white, so you wouldnt really need to invest in painting it or hanging mylar. Anyway, I put my two cents in, maybe someone else will give you first hand experience - I have never grown in anything that small or plastic before. Peace, good luck!

3. hey thanks for your reply.. oh man i am about to pull my hair out. Those wardrobe cabinets you are talking about are about 70 inches which is about a foot too high. A four foot high cabinet would be perfect but it seems that everywhere i go they only have cabinets that are 36" high or 70" high... i can never seem to find a 48 or 50" high cabinet that has a base of at least 1 sq. foot, PREFERABLY 2 :(

4. Well if you can squeeze in a five footer (roughly), thats what I used. It was a bit more expensive, but it works quite well so far. I got it at wal-mart - it is an entertainment armoire. I think it was around 200 bucks though, the only reason I got it is because it matched my other furniture perfectly and doesnt look out of place in my room hehe.

Other than that, if you need a definite four footer, I would build your own box. Its quite simple with very little carpenter skill at all. All you really need is some lumber and some nails. And perhaps a drill. And a screw driver. or two. Haha, hope this helps, any other questions I'd be glad to help. Peace!

5. In a cabinet that small 200 watts is more than enough, but it might get hot without good air circulation. I would get an OUTDOOR storage bin from HomeDepot. They can be pricey but are easy to modify, durable and can be leak proofed very easily. Also they are incerdibly easy to put together.

6. is this what youre talking about?
    http://www.homedepot.com/cmc_upload/HDUS/EN_US/asset/images/eplus/806599076101_3.jpg