Can I use Led Grow lights for my new grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kyled787, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Hi i have had an outdoor grow of a few (6-8) plants every year for like the past 4 years but now winter is coming and I would like to take some clones from a female and set up a small indoor grow I have the space I was wondering how the new led grow lights are because hps metal halide are completely out of the question simply because of the energy use and power delivery but I know that the led lights will grow the plants but the question i have will they flower the plant

2. Please Help Me........ I need an indoor grow set up even if its 2-3 plants

3. They will flower the plant but you won't get nice full buds like you would with a HPS lamp. If its your only option then go for it. just my .o2

4. The buds only for head stash but would you say 1w vs 3w

5. LED's are highly useful throughout an entire grow. Initially there was a lot of skepticism when they hit the market (older technologies). Today, there are many manufacturers pumping out LED's that produce MORE (usable) light than HID's. They are more expensive, but it's an investment that will pay off over a short time. Not just with electricity usage but also with equipment life. LED fixtures simply last longer than an HID bulb.

I am using 2 Lighthouse Hydro HO (high output) 90w UFO's in my current grow (pics in grow journal in my sig). This is my first grow with LED's and I am looking forward to see the end results. Checkout YouTube and read around here...lots of growers using new technoology LED's for their entire grow period.

6. I was originally using LED's for my indoor grow, but changed them out for CFL's. One thing I noticed with an LED grow is that the plants grow so slow and the main stem wasn't very strong. Since switching to CFl's they are growing like crazy with a beautiful thick stem!

7. What type of LED though?The ebay UFO's are total junk.

I recommend for a small grow NEW - Diamond Series LEDs - Extreme 3w LED Technology - Advanced LED Grow Lights

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPinCCdIw3k]NEW - Diamond Series LEDs - Extreme 3w LED Technology - YouTube[/ame]

Bigger light I'd try these guys.

Black Dog LED - Innovative LED Grow Lights | High Quality Indoor Grow Lighting

8. I was using 2 90watt led UFO from HTG Supply for 3 plants.

9. I am interested in seeing the end results too. I hope that it works as good as an HPS. If it does I would definitely look into buying one. Less power consumption and less heat, that would be awesome.

10. Advanced led lighting goole them they are by far the highest rates company up there if you got some paper to spend check out apache tec designer for NASA

11. #12 xDisciplex, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2012
    I'm willing to bet their 3w LED's are not single but 3 1w per diode.Which is the scam.Did you check out the Diamond series link?

For my money I will be purchasing a Black Dog LED.I emailed them about the life of LED's,and what happens after 50,000-100,000.Do I need to buy a new one or can it be refurbished?

This was their answer..

Department: General

Subject: LED life

Thanks to our industry exclusive lifetime warranty we would refurbish it at that point with you only paying for parts, not labor. We would also likely offer you an upgrade path depending on how the technology has progressed at that time.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
    Noah

Sincerely,
    Black Dog LED

http://www.blackdogled.com/

12. The blackdogs look awsome but kinda way outta my price range i was thinking more ike 400

13. [quote name='"kyled787"']The blackdogs look awsome but kinda way outta my price range i was thinking more ike 400[/quote]

Advanced led is best in that price eange

14. not true at all

it's not the '90's anymore dude, lol

of course there are leds that are just as and more powerful than HPS lamps

here's a led that will put any 1000w hps system to shame

LED Grow Lights - 336X-PRO LED Grow Light

granted, $2000 is expensive as a mother f***er

but yeah, that's just to show that there are leds that grow plants just fine