Can I Use Horse Poop As Fertilizer?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Fortify0330, Mar 19, 2014.

1. #1 Fortify0330, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2014
    So I have 12 horses and some goats and a pig and chickens and turkeys... long story short, I have a bunch of animals. And as you know, animals poop, and considering how many I have, I have alot of crap. So the question is, can I use their poop as fertilizer? If so how?
    Thanks in advance! :D

Oh and btw I have piles of poop that have been lying around for up to a year

2. Yep you sure can ... for the last 2 years I have used horse manure with great results . Best if aged or composted some .. I have added fairly fresh manure to some of my holes putting it directly in the bottom or breaking it up and blending it into some sandy soil .

Sent from my LG-C555 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Absolutely.  If you find an old pile that's swarmed with worms and has weeds growing out of it, that's gold.  Mix it into the soil or top dress with it.  Indoors you can mix it with peat and aeration bits and go with it, provided it's been well worked over by the worms.

4. Make sure it composts firsts!

5. Use your year old aged stuff. Were going to be using chicken manure compost this year but it is strong stuff and doesn't take a lot per gallon of soil. We have also used year old horse manure compost with good results and its not as strong as chicken manure compost. As for turkey or pig shit compost never used it.