Can I use Grow Big in a hydro setup?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by LittleGreenMan1, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Hey guys. Fox farms markets their soil and hydro nutrient lines in seperate charts, the only difference being the NPK ratio in the "grow big" solution. wondering if anyone knows if i can use the grow big for soil (6-4-4) in a hydro setup. the hydro grow big is 3-2-6. Thanks for any help. all input is appreciated. :wave:

2. FF now makes a Grow Big for Hydro...

3. You sure can but if you are using water pumps that could clog keep in mind that organics have lots of debris that will clog it.

4. hahah yes. its the only difference between their soil and hydro lines. check out the charts they have for nute scheduals.

thanks for the tip. i shouldn't clog up an airstone should it?

5. no it wont, but also keep in mind fox farms is NOT organic, it is organic based. :wave:

6. Yea, do not buy the hydroponic grow big, it's just a waste of time if you grow in soil as well.

The guy at my local hydroponic store told me that he won't even carry it because he tells all his customers that if you want to use grow big in a hydroponic system, to just use about 3/4 of what the recomended is for the hydroponic grow big.

However, if you never plan on growing in soil, maybe just get the hydro one ;).

7. Having grown DWC for two grows I can say that all air stones used in dwc / hydro ESPECIALLY with organics are at risk of clogging. Make sure you check them once every other week and that way you can replace it before root rot becomes a problem.

8. I would advice against this mate. Soil Nutrients contain larger dizzolved solids that can ruin pumps and airstones(over time) and are generally not as efficient for hydro. I know some pople use these for hydro withut a problem so for short periods of time It may be ok but I would graba hydroponic equivilent when you have the money.

9. I agree with this guy.

For hydro I just run regular soluble salts to avoid any clogging or such. later on, during flowering, I introduce some organics just to get better buds.

good luck