Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can I use ground nugs to make oil?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by EJB10, Nov 5, 2013.

1. I'm seeing that some of the local dispensaries have "ground nugs" for like $84/ounce. 

What are they? Can I use them in place of buds (which I break up anyway) in the coconut cannaoil I make? Are there disadvantages to using ground nugs vs. broken up buds, like are the nugs less potent?

I have a very low tolerance (2 grams of good bud infused into 8 tablespoons of oil lasts me several weeks), and I think the CBD (vs. THC) is what's most helpful for my pain, if that's pertinent info. 

I'm a relative newbie who's just trying to learn and find cost-effective ways to make the medicine that helps me so much!

Thanks in advance!