Can I use dabs from a dab pen in a dab rig?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by http.weed, Jan 7, 2019.

1. #1 http.weed, Jan 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    I accidentally broke a new 1 gram dab cartridge and I was able to save the distillate from the inside. Can I use what's left in a regular dab rig? If so could I use it normally or would it work better if I put it on wax paper and chilled it and made it into wax?

2. Hell yeah you can , just keep the temp nice cause you don’t need much heat for distillate

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thankyou im now going to have a really good weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. made it into wax - what an interesting idea. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. I figured it would probably work better than trying to use the liquid

• Like Like x 1
  6. do you have the ingredients list that comes on the package?

i broke one and i just rubbed a bunch of it on joints and cigarettes. got me high so i say go for it and see what happens

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. I use exotic carts but it's not on the package completely probably online

8. Lol I’ve done what roger did before

9. Yea it’s gonna taste like chicken butthole if you dab a cart with PG/VG.

10. I think a lot of people have taken the extremely high temperature comment to a whole other level.

If you are taking a dab around 400+ Degrees F then you deserve to get carcinogens in your lungs

11. #13 koruptyg, Jan 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    I'm really not giving any recommendations on what people should or should not do, just providing some info so that people can decide for themselves. Here is some info about what you are saying. All of what I'm saying could be wrong, but it could also be right so I'm recommending that people themselves read up on it if they want to be safe. If not, do what ever you like :D To each their own. Sorry if I'm contributing to some kind of unnecessary paranoia.

What is the temperature at the tip of a lit cigarette?
    Temperature without drawing:
    Side of the lit portion: 400 deg C (or 752 deg F)
    Middle of the lit portion: 580 deg C (or 1112 deg F)

Temperature during drawing:

Middle of the lit portion: 700 deg C (or 1292 deg F)

Sorry, not trying to be an asshole, just trying to promote some awareness so that people can decide for themselves. I do however not like the idea of giving "dangerous" tips and presenting it as fact since we all define dangers different. At the end of the day, if you are smoking a cigarettes, chances are that the percentage of increased carcinogens isn't that high :D

PS Edit:
    I don't have enough time to to be critical enough on sources issues that are not related to me:(

• Like Like x 2
  12. If it's just straight distillate you can definately dab that shit. Buy if its distillate mixed with pg/vg then no you can not dab it.. I'm sure you can drop it in a dab rig and inhale it and get high off of it but you can also get high off of the tar in your pipe.. doesnt mean you should

• Like Like x 1
  13. Awareness is key :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. it sounds good

• Like Like x 1
  15. It worked great and I had a great night thank you guys