Can I use compact flourescents?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Baxter55, Mar 20, 2003.

1. I was at the hardware store the other day looking at their lighting selection and I saw those compact flourescents that are 15 watts but put off 900 lumens. They say they are "warm light" or something. Could these be used in any stages of growth? I asked the owner of the store and he said that they aren't for "plant" growth but I don't think he knows much about MJ because he is the mayor of the town. HAHA! Anyway... I was just wondering cause 900 lumens for 15 watts is a shitload of light.
    Thanks

2. the coolwhite and daylight ones are good for the veg stage they have like 27%blue spectrum need the hps for the budding though

3. i'v got some 20w that only put out 1000lumens and 21w that put out 1200lu. 900lu from 15w is a great find! what make are they?

you can flower under fluro's, the problem is tho u only really get bud on the bits of the plant next to the light, if its a big plant then thers a lot of wasted plant, but if u grow sea of green and have lots of little plants insted or train ur plants to grow flat then u can get very good results with fluros.

4. im growing my pl@nt under @ 150 w@tt CPF th@t puts out 2600 lumens. It only uses 40 though. @nd i h@ve @ 125 th@t use 26 w@tts @nd produces 1560 lumens.

5. Oh man I can't remember what make they are... they are the little corkscrew shaped ones that are supposed to last like 7 years... all hardware stores have them.