Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can I use an Oil Cartridge's juice to make edibles

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by sjmoihtnh007, Jan 12, 2018.

1. It depends on what kind you get, I am sure you could, but you will also be putting Vegetable Glycerin or whatever else the cartridge was cut with. I only use cartridges that are 100% distillate which would be fine for edibles.

2. @sjmoihtnh007
    Usually the carts are PG (propylene glycol, VG (vegetable glycerin) and PEG (polyethylene glycol)
    And all 3 are GRAS items, (generally recognized as safe).
    However don't make a habit of eating VG, PG or PEG as it's not food nor is it intended to be eaten in any large amounts.
    The problem your likely to run up against is the oil isn't decarbed in most cases and VG-PG-PEG shouldn't be heated that high for that long to decarb. Catch 22 your damned if you do and damned if you don't.
    You won't get as high as you should of, could of, had you just fired and inhaled the cart as it was intended.
    BNW

3. yeah im thinking of just making gummies with rosin. is that possible?

4. Sure, Anything is possible some are just more effective or easier to accomplish at home with basic kitchen stuff.
    Alcohol is an easy one to work with too. A few ml of 151 or 190 proof ever clear is best for dissolving concentrates with then add a few drops of tincture to a gummy and dust with powdered sugar to hold in place.
    Lots of ways to get it done but that's a fast simple one.
    BNW

5. You will be fine using the cart. Vg and Pg are in many foods and medicines today.

• Creative Creative x 1
  6. The carts I use are free of both VG and PG, just good old CO2 oil. I know I'm late to the dance here, but couple of days go I posted Poor mans Chocolate in the edibles forum that explains how I get the oil out of the old carts and into a stable fat and then how to Decarb, super simple method. I just can't seem to make myself throw out ANY cannabis oil! Lol