Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can I Use a BiC Multi Purpose Lighter

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by havingfun, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Hey guys,

I just noticed my mom bought a BiC Multi Purpose Lighter. It's sort of like a torch lighter with a handle but it says on the back

Do not use to light cigarettes, cigars, or pipes.

I use a vaporgenie and I am just now learning to use it. I have had a hard time using a traditional butane lighter but i'm getting better.

I wanted to use this but the warning has me cautious.

Why the warning? why isnt it safe?

2. Help... Why is this flame in particular not suppose to be used w. smoking devices?

3. torches usually get too hot and will just burn the shit out of all the THC before you get any of it in your lungs.

4. Strange, I have never heard of such a thing. I don't think they would warn you if it was not a health risk.
    Maybe they use a different type of gas for it. Something that should not be inhaled? I know that burnt butane is bad too, but somehow Bic does not warn us about that.

5. So you have a vaporizer? Why bother smoking anymore?

6. Vapor Genie requires fire to vaporize the weed... you heat the bowl instead of torching the weed...

7. Ohh ok. Sorry should have done better research. That sounds really cool, btw. But OP, I would just go buy a Bic for 1 and change.

8. They say not to use it because dumbasses will try to light a cigarette and burn their eyeball out. You can use it but I wouldn't recommend it for the weeds sake.

9. My guess would be that they just dont want people
    burning the shit out of themselves. Cause if you go to
    point it at bowl, cig or what ever your hands are close
    and could be in the way of the flame and with those it would only take
    milliseconds burn your hand really bad.
    Im sure the bic co. just doesnt want to get sued because some stupid person
    burned a hole through their hand trying to light a cig.
    Cause the gas is the same as any bic, just butane
    and when it burns it burns clean like a propane stove in your house
    That being said i wouldn't be surprised if it did vaporise the thc
    in a different way (too fast i would say) that wouldnt have a positive
    outcome like dumped43 said.
    Iv always used it for smoking salvia cause i heard it works best with that intense heat for some reason lol

10. Also, normal smoking Butane is refined. The butane in the torch lighter may not be refined, so it is extremely unhealthy for you to use it.

11. I have one of those. the big red one. I usually light my joints with it when I dont feel like using matches.

12. maybe it's akward to hold so you might burn yourself?

i know that's the case for candle lighters

13. i have one of these lighters, is it fine? all the responses didnt really answer my question fully

14. Think about it, the torch is hot as fuck. IF you try to light up a bowl with that you have a chance of lighting up half your face along with it ( lawsuit ). Basically they put that there for the same reason they put cigarrettes kill you on boxes, to prevent lawsuits. As long as you dont torch your eye when using it, your good.

15. the multi purpose lighters usually use butane, which sucks to inhale anyway... but there's no reason you can't use it to light a bowl or a joint..

16. Use it. Your not burning the weed directly if your using a vaporizer. And if your using a joint/blunt it aint a problem. If your using a bowl, i wouldnt recommend it cause alot of fumes come ou of those lighters and shit. But its safe man its just a lighter.