Can I use a 1 month old plant for making hash, or anything else?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by LongboardStoned, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Well, long story short, I have a single plant around 1 month old that I cannot keep. So, I'd like to know if I can make hash out of it, as I'd absolutely hate to throw it away. Anything else is really on the table, I just can't keep it.

Some pictures, as far as I can tell, it's too early to determine sex:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. No, I have chopped a plant 1 month into flower and processed the plant material for a decent amount of bho that worked great, but if there are no trichomes on the plant then it wouldn't be worth it.

3. If its still in veg, its no good to you.

4. #4 BadKittySmiles, Jun 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2012
    Contrary to popular belief, yes, that plant matter absolutely does contain a fair amount of THC, as well as the full array of additional cannabinoids and many terpenes... even the very first set of leaves can contain virtually the same ratio of THC to inert plant matter, as a (to the naked eye ;) ) glandless adult fan leaf, taken during bloom.

[​IMG]

There are three 'known' general types of trichomes; bulbous, capitate-sessile, capitate-stalked glands. We can only see one form very well, the middle is virtually invisible, and the last (the most abundant, but smallest) require enhancement/enlargement in order for the human eye to detect them.

The smaller two of the three varieties, are almost always present!

The larger, simply tends not to appear until the onset of bloom... but even that is not always the case.

And most seedlings do have small but visible capitate-sessile glands, if you look closely enough. :)

[​IMG]

Just dry fully, if you want a clean extraction.. water contamination, even that contained in the plant matter, can pull in loads of the inert qualities we'd rather leave behind (salts, chlorophyll etc., and when extracting from leaf we have more of that stuff to avoid!).. :)

Hope this helps clear things up! :wave:

5. I stand corrected! Great info!

6. I know most people cut their male plants early on, but for me being a first time grower would anyone recommend letting a male grow out for as long as possible (before pollination, in case my other is a female) and using it for hash?

7. Very good info, BadKittySmiles!

I've been wondering this for awhile myself b/c I have three plants growing (also around a month old) and will only have room for two to mature. I really didn't want to waste a bunch of time making some hash that turned out to be totally useless.

When I tried looking for anwers on various forums I found a lot of people talking out their ass with no personal experience.

edit: StormCrow's link was also interesting.

8. [quote name='"BlackWeeds"']I know most people cut their male plants early on, but for me being a first time grower would anyone recommend letting a male grow out for as long as possible (before pollination, in case my other is a female) and using it for hash?[/quote]

Pick your male right before the pollen sacks open or right after the first start to open for maximum potentcy. My source is "Marijuana growers guide" Frank&Rosenthal

Yet again excellent post bks