Can I trim during flowering?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by KamelRedLight, Jul 7, 2006.

1. My plant is 3 weeks into flowering now. There are some big ass fan leaves that I would like to see gone. Is it too late to trim them? I don't want to stress her and mess something up. Here's my journal with pics: http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?t=96088&page=3
    What do ya think?

2. you should only prune during flowering within the FIRST or SECOND day of changing the light cycle to 12/12. Two weeks into flowering prune them again. Stake them so it can sustain the weight of the buds. About five weeks into flowering remove fan leaves that block the buds so they get good light on them.

3. Prune as little as possible. Only prune leaves that are blocking budsites from light, and even those try to tuck rather than trim if possible. Trim individual leaves rather than whole fans if possible.

You want to keep as many leaves on the plant as possible, for two reasons:

1) leaves are like solar panels, collecting energy that is converted into sugars that fuel the plant's growth and bud growth

2) you will stop feeding the plant and flush the soil about two weeks before harvest so that all the nutes are used up for a better tasting smoke, and during this time the plant needs the stored nitrogen in the leaves