Can I top this plant

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by wakka0, Nov 9, 2012.

1. The plant is about 2 weeks old.Can I top it now?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. [quote name='"wakka0"']The plant is about 2 weeks old.Can I top it now?

Thanks[/quote]

I would wait for another node or 2 then top

3. What he said

4. Ok.One more thing how do you count nodes?Can you tell how many nodes by the pic?Because I get confuse about nodes I just know there are about 15 leaves on the plant...I counted them.

5. I would wait until the plant begins to stretch then top, it doesn't look like you need to top her because the nodes are densely stacked

6. a node is the single bud site, where the leaf stem joins the stalk

7. Oh Ok I see.Thank you!

8. [quote name='"wakka0"']

Oh Ok I see.Thank you![/quote]

From the pics, I would say you have about 3 nodes if I'm not mistaken.

9. Why is everyone in such a rush. Just wait until it's a lot easier to get at. People seem to love risking their plants over nothing.

10. Thanks! I got to go count them so I can make sure.

11. Yeah lol I understand.I need to be patient.Luckily I got on here before I tried to do anything.If I didn't my plant would be screwed.

Thanks!

12. I was in a rush when I started. I stunted and made everything take longer because of my rush. Wait, let it grow, let it get big and strong and then do things to make it bigger/lusher/etc. It's too early.

13. Gotta be patient. I'm the worst and I still manage to do it. Even saved a "helmet-head" sprout. Should have been totally fucked. I was patient, performed a lil "surgery" and babied the piss out of her. She's still the runt of the litter but you know what? I didn't even TRY to top her, she had stunted enough, why induce MORE stress? I cannot wait to smoke it. That's going to be so earned.