can i top this now?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bigheist, Aug 27, 2012.

1. #1 bigheist, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2012
    I was wondering if I can top this yet? if not, than wen?

Attached Files:

2. It looks a bit young imho, since you are doing lst already that is stressing the plant enough. When it gets a little fuller I personally would top then, some I'm sure would top now, but I would not be comfortable with that.

Give it another week or so, I would feel comfortable topping then, I think the plant wouldn't stress as much if it were a little older. Good luck :bongin:

3. no wait till atleast 10+ Internodes otherwise topping would be Pointless at that stage

4. yea i was kinda thinkin the same, this is why i didnt go hackin at it yet lol :smoke: thnx for the advice

ight i will wait then, how many internodes are on there now? i never learned wat an internode was cuz i didnt learn bout topping or fimming until my light balast fell and chopped my 1st plant in half.

5. I had a plant automatically top itself when it was small, another is topped from clone. I have yet to see how they will turn out, but I will need to definitely trim quite a bit to get the yield I want. Topping early creates too dense a plant, so it may not just be pointless but also harmful. I have no topped flowering experience to back up these claims though, so don't take it for fact.

6. [quote name='"SivineDativa"']I had a plant automatically top itself when it was small, another is topped from clone. I have yet to see how they will turn out, but I will need to definitely trim quite a bit to get the yield I want. Topping early creates too dense a plant, so it may not just be pointless but also harmful. I have no topped flowering experience to back up these claims though, so don't take it for fact.[/quote]

Ya ive heard of the genetics doing that. U shuld post sum pics. It sounds so cool.
    Ive heard.

7. Glad I could help, and good luck with topping..I love topping my plants :wave:

8. Sure did! Liberty Haze is the big one and i'm calling the little one purple crush :D

Attached Files:

9. oh wow that looks nice both of em. do they both auto-top?

10. Just the liberty haze, the other one needed to be since the growth was rotting due to necrosis from being in the dome too long.

11. ya ive still never topped my plants yet. only thing ive had was my other plant get cut in half and then produce way more tops
    so its kind like that lol but way more stressful i think

12. i would let it grow a little taller then top it and LST the 2 new tops the other ditrctioon to fill the rest of the pot