Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can I top a bowl with shatter?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by BongHitsAndAcidTrips, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Question says it all. But it doesn't matter which concentrate it is. I don't want to have to buy an oil rig, or other specialized piece. I own 3 bowls, a steamroller, a chillum, and a bong. So would it work fine to just top a bowl with shatter or wax?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Absolutely, I do it sometimes. The flower will burn faster though.. and be careful (obviously) as the hits will be stronger/more dense. You don't want to hurt yourself :)

3. youre good to go

4. Alright sweet, thanks for the quick replies ^^

5. #5 Iceman2damax, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2014
    Course you can!

I tend to try and put it towards the middle of the bowl, that way when you melt the oil, it doesn't make its way towards the outside and stick to the glass. We want it to melt into the herb.

6. thanks for the tip man

7. Yea eventualy your flower isn't going to do shit if your always adding toppings. Don't put it on top of bowl put it in the middle.

Eyes like Mr.Miyagi 🐉

8. I've wasted way too much shatter topping bowls with it, for some reason I've found it to do nothing at all. If your considering buying it, no matter what I've read and tried it's always just been a complete waste of money until I got something for actually smoking the oil.

9. It'll work, you'll get wicked stoned. But it's not as effective as dabbing

10. Best to cover it with a thin layer of bud, turns into Melty goodness.

11. You already have a bong so all you need is a domeless nail,

12. i own multiple rigs and still prefer to smoke concentrates on top of buds over dabs. I usually use my bong and put a good layer of cons. at the top followed by a little more bud and then heat up my wand and start tasting heaven haha

13. Yeah but it is the biggest waste ever to use it to top bowls. You can smoke .4 on a bowl and it still wouldn't compare to a .05 dab. I smoked a half ounce of some Humboldt bubble hash with a few friends a few years ago before we got a rig, it didn't even come close to taking a .3-.5 dab.

14. Torch too

Eyes like Mr.Miyagi 🐉

15. Yup, I top my bowls with them when I need that extra umff.

16. lol at the people saying it doesnt work, it most certainly does. You really need to make sure you melt it into the weed first though. Just carefully hover the lighter/flame over it while inhaling to slowly melt the errl into the weed. once the weed soaks it up you should be able to toke.

17. I don't know what thread your reading, not one person says it doesn't work....we are all saying its ineffective and a waste compared to dabbing

18. if something is ineffective, then it doesnt work..

19. Then let me rephrase, it is way less effective, which is what everyone is saying. Like how a 1 gram bong rip is way more effective than a 1 gram joint.