Can I tell sex yet?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by napkin, Nov 27, 2007.

1. The plants have been on 12/12 light for a few days and IDK if these were there before or if its new growth but are these preflowers?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. that is the start of new growth, nothing quite yet to determine the sex of the plant.

you should probably see sex in the next 1-2 weeks.

3. It has been about a week on 12/12 and I'm trying to see if I can see preflowers or anything and I thought this kinda looked like a male. What do you guys think?
    [​IMG]

4. Often times people confuse those for female parts. Just remember though that the female pre-flower is a white wisp not green.

5. Great photo(last frame), of the preflower, located just behind the stipule, between the stipule and the new growth. Clarity is important and I wouldn't guess without seeing in person with magnifying glass. But, could well be female. No need to wait for the the white protrusions (feathers,pollen gatherers), to appear just learn what the female preflower looks like. Never had a strain that didn't show sex with preflowers by end of week 4, most by week 3.5, from popping seed. If you see a crab claw appearance at the end of the preflower, it's male, and you will also see a small stem connected to the preflower. The female preflower has no stem appearing and is pear shaped with no ruffles at the end, until the feathers appear. Just takes some practice. When you see the white hairs(feathers), appear, study the preflower with your magnifier (eyelupe works best, so you can get right in there), and you'll see the difference male/female.

6. Watered last night, plants grew like crazy over night. Saw this on 2 of the 3 plants this morning. Female? :D

[​IMG]

7. i'll say, the lord hath bless you

8. See, they are white and hairy. Female.

Attached Files: