Can I switch to 12/12 after 53 Days

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by IslandBoy868, Jun 29, 2020.

1. I have a Purple Fire photoperiod which is 53 days from seed. I'm growing it in a 2*2*5 tent. It's 22 inches tall and already getting too big for the tent, is it ok to put it into flower so soon? IMG_20200629_010601.jpg

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'd say yea as it is still going to stretch a bit during the flowering phase

3. It's my first time growing an Indica, how much stretch could I expect to see?

4. They usually double to triple in size mate.
    Nicely done though. Happy n healthy, can't ask for more than that :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nice plant man!

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. You can flip whenever you want. Bend an tie the tallest tops down if you are running out of headroom.

7. Beautiful plant.
    You can switch to flower......I usually flip at 23-25 days.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Me too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nice, and what is your yield usually like?

10. Flip it! Thats going to be a tent filler

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

11. I generally yield 6-7 oz. per plant.......with a 3-4 week veg.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Come on now. That’s all depends on strains, lights and a ver all healthy grow. Nobody can guess at a harvest without knowing the basics of the strain.

Why is that (possibly guessing a harvest amount) and THC levels such a common misconception?

13. That was nice to estimate that. What strains do you usually grow Mick?

14. Very beautiful plant she will def stretch in flower. You should defoliate before flip IMO.

15. It wasn't an estimate.......that is generally what I yield regardless of strain.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Nice, what bloom nutes do you use?

17. I grow in coco and I use bloom nutes from the day it sprouts.....GH MaxiBloom from start to finish.

18. I’d put up a 3.5”x3.5”scrogg net. Make sure your plant is healthy and defoliate it. Then add the net and bend her down some to get some more light to the center of the plant. Then decide. You have options at this point. If you feel you have a good amount of branches to produce bud sites then flip it. If you want to have more yield give it another week or two and keep using the trellis netting to keep it low. You’ll see how it’s growing.

My first grow in maybe got 6-10 inches of stretch out of my plants. I’d assume double or triple is more sativa leaning BUT this is a good practice to keep in mind so you’ll always have enough room. Check out my grow journal. Pm me with questions or post them up here. This is a very helpful forum with growing questions.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ok thanks, I'll do that. Wish me luck.

20. You got it. Go gentle. Not sure how pliable your plant is at this point. I had a heavy indica that did not like the lst and would grow 90* it seemed every night to get around the net or yo-yos. Then I had another that seemed to grow better horizontally then vertically. Just take your time. Be one with the plant hahah