can I still smoke?

Discussion in 'General' started by ssage, Aug 28, 2013.

1. #1 ssage, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2013
    I'm new here I actually made this account to ask this so be nice
    Uhm I had strabismus surgery like on aug 6 like 3 weeks ago so I was wondering if I can still smoke weed (for anyone that doesn't know strabismus surgery is when they pull 1 or more muscles at the back of the eye to straighten it out)?

you should be fine seeing as how it has nothing to do with your lungs. i say try it and see how it affects you then youll have your answer.

3. You should be fine since its been three weeks.

If you have another follow up with your doc just ask him/her to be sure.

4. i dont see why not so like was your eye crooked or what

5. I guess you could say that its like my left eye always stayed in the top left but they're straight now after the surgery

6. But weed has major affect on the eyes and I tried one hit but not a major one and my eyes seem fine but when I usually smoke I take more than one hit

7. I don't have another one till 3 months

8. Why not give him a call? Honestly I dont think its something to worry too much about. But asking a doc will always be better than asking us, ya know?

9. What is the major effect you're talking about?

10. Can't. every time I call I reach the secretary and no further. But yeah I guess ill also try to find a doctor to ask.

11. Weed can cause dry eyes. Reddning of eyes. Lowering eye pressure (which I think is bad for ppl that don't have glaucoma). Relaxing of the eye muscles (which causes lazy eyes for some only when high or permently) and I guess the muscle thing is what i mainly worried about I don't want my eye to revert to its past state

12. I don't think you have anything to worry about.  Use eye drops if the redness bothers you and if surgeon allows it. A quick review shows no problems for you that I can see and if it could cause problems then I'm sure you would see that on a commercial, like an eyeball in a frying pan.  Congratulations on getting your eyes aligned.  What improvements do you have already?

13. I really hope so. And my vision was noticeably different for about 4 days but i don't know how to describe it. Now I'm thinking I either got use to it or its not there anymore. I want to go see a 3-D movie soon, maybe itll actually be in 3d for me this time