Can I steal my own car back from the tow company?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by poi_boi, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Legally they have a "lien" on your car until the debt is paid.....meaning they OWN your car, more or less....I dont mean litterally, but yeah. Pay them...

2. its gonna be funny when he finds out that not only does he have to pay for the days the car were there, but also the days after he took the car. the tow company won't over look that, after the police arrest him, that is.

3. My cousin works for a tow company and that totally illegal man they will fuck you over and own your car by the end of the dispute Howd you get it impounded anyway?

4. As much as it sucks to have your car towed because you parked illegally, its alot worse to have the police run a felony stop on your ass when you least expect it. You should make every attempt to resolve this with the towing company,without police involvement,asap. You definately stuck it to the man ...but you are the man. I did a similar thing and it has cost me more than I ever expected it could. In the mean time dont carry shit on you . I hope it works out for you.

Peace

5. i'm waiting for the OP to say he got paranoid & drove the car back to the impound lot....

6. everyone bitching about tow companies needs to realize one thing. if you dont break the POSTED rules, your car WONT GET TOWED! its their lot, they make the rules. PRIVATE PROPERTY. do you like being in charge of your own shit? i sure do!

7. Just get your car back. If I was you, I would do it.

Fuck paying fines.

8. Yeah i do like being in charge of my own shit, and im sure the OP does too. That's exactly why he stole it back, because the city can't just jack your wheels and randsom it back to you, that's bullshit.

9. yes, they can if you dont FOLLOW THEIR POSTED RULES. if theres a sign that says illegally parked cars will be towed by so and so, then yes they have every right to jack your wheels and ransom it back to you. get your head out of your ass dude

its not his parking lot, therefore hes not in charge of the parking lot. if whoever is decides his car shouldnt be there, its gonna get towed.

now if it was sitting in his driveway and the city towed it, that would be a different story.

10. Buddy musta got arrested :rolleyes:

11. Go park the car in some trailer park. Then go to the tow lot, pay the 150 and ask for your car back.

12. lol when my truck was impounded i passed by the yard with a friend and my truck was just chillin in this little "intake" area the next day. so what i did was got ma spare keys and hopped in and drove her home! i havnt heard from the tow company or the police so fugg it! i got my baby back AND it had a blunt in the center consolE!

13. yea hes in jail :rolleyes: i hope not :)

14. nope... im not in jail.

I got a call from the police tho. They told me that I have x amount of days to pay the tow bastards. After that they said they will get involved. I just paid the motherfuckers... no big deal.

WHen I decide to leave this college tho, Im going to take my vengeance.

15. Lol, so did you steal it from the lot and then the cops made you pay up?

16. dont listen to anyone on here...bunch of heads they are! get legal advise from lawyers, or just do it and dont ask any one mate, the worse they are gonna do is call and threaten you, they cant prove they ever had your car in the first place, you could just as easily say you know him from a stop light *he was talking shit* and then just made this shit up that you stole your car from tow lot, can he prove you parked illegaly if he does not have your car...? can he prove he ever had your car for parking illegaly, just do it, this broke dick loser tow guy is lucky he didnt try taking my car.

17. Dude your totally wrong lol. Every tow company takes a record of each car they tow. These guys had direct paperwork (that I saw) of exactly where I was parked, when I was parked and the rule I broke. They are not entirely stupid. So you are wrong on that aspect... The tow bastards were just doing their job (in a complete jew ass way).

I did however take my car back without them knowing. Like in my earlier post, I ended up getting a call from the police a few days later saying the tow company reported my car stolen. They did the right thing. What If my car got towed and some other guy stole it from the tow company? see where im going with this? So I told them I stole my car back and then they said I had to pay them back...

All in all, my attempt at beating the system failed. Better luck next time I guess :cool:

18. That's funny as shit man...Props for having the balls to steal your whip back

19. It was a good idea, and it's a good thing that you aren't just another person who is willing to take any punishment thrown at them sitting down. I give you props for that.

But on the other hand, stealing the car out of the tow lot was probably not the best idea.. You're lucky that you didn't get in more trouble.

Good try.

20. just steal your car back its not our problem your the adult and its your choice so go ahead :D